Chapter 34- Revenge is Sweet

Hey guys! It's little ol' me again! Considering the babies, I need to know the character's baby's names (Jordyn/Carl; Nicole/Daryl; Mary/Walton) Plz DM me what you want the genders and names you guys want! If not, it'll take me longer to update bc I want a unique name for both genders. Thnx for 1.11K reads! Ilysm!!

~l3ahbug
_________________________________________

Carl's POV

My world is beginning to spin. I take this all at one time. Becoming a dad, finding my supposed to be dead sister, then my baby mother being beat so my kid might be dead. Tears start spilling from my eyes, and no matter how hard a I try to wipe them away, more tears keep coming.

"Are you there, Carl?" I barely hear Jordyn's voice through my phone.

I try to speak, but no words come out. I'm stuck in my own world of nightmares. Maybe this is all a dream. . . I slap myself as hard as I can. Not a dream. . .

I fall to my knees and bring my forehead to my knees, covering the back of my head with my arms.

I whisper to myself, "Help. . ."

I feel teardrops splash on my jeans. I don't know what to do. Should I go to Jordyn, run away and never come back, just kill myself here. I don't know.

Why would Peeta do this to Jordyn?

Just mentioning his name makes my blood boil.

Peeta. . .

I run back into the warehouse and don't have to go through a ‘maze’ this time. I know my way around now for sure.

I walk in and he is tending to his wounded lip and knuckles. His nose is no longer bleeding, but I can change that very quickly.

I start to walk to him, and he slides backward. "Please, Carl. You've punished me enough by breaking my collarbone by slamming me on the ground!"

(The collarbone Macy. . .)

"I don't think I have. You might have killed my kid! I ought to kill you! The only reason why I'm not gonna slam your skull into that concrete wall is because Jordyn would never forgive me. My kid doesn't need a murder as a father," I walk closer to him and pull out my knife. I put it to his neck. "If you ever come close to Jordyn or my kid, I will hunt you down and kill you right then and there. My kid will understand, and so will Jordyn."

"I'm wouldn't so sure of that; Jordyn didn't believe her father when he tried to do the we thing, and I'm guessing your son or daughter will be the same."

"You don't know any of us."

"Oh, do I?" He gets up from the corner. "I've known Jordyn longer-"

"That doesn't mean a thing. I had a relationship with her that was actually worth while."

He bites his bottom lip. He glares at me, then punches me across the face. He knocks me down and puts the knees on my wrists, leaving me with no defense.

"You don't know me either Carl! Have you ever known what it's like always being behind you all the time?! You have always been the smartest, Mr. Elected Sheriff at Fourteen!"

(A/N In my story, Rick gave the sheriff job to Carl when he turned fourteen.)

Peeta continues, "You have always got good grades, got the girl, and end up living ‘happily ever after’! I don't! I never intelligence, luck in romance, or ever had a happy relationship! You have!"

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I struggle.

"I want revenge-"

"Fine, but leave Jordyn and my baby out of it!"

"But there's nothing else you care about! I have a plan, but telling you wouldn't be so smart, now would it?" He smirks.

"You're ‘not intelligent’, remember?"

"I'm dome with you. This time, I have finally won."

He gets off of me and slides me into the hallway. My head hits the concrete walls, and I black out.

_________________________________________

Jordyn's POV

I pull into Chandler's driveway, and I am greeted on the porch by Daryl and Nicole.

"Where have you been?! Where's Carl?!" shouts Daryl.

"Peeta and I had a fight about Carl. He thought that I still loved Carl, and. . . he went kind of nuts I guess."

"Are you alright?" Nicole asks.

"Yeah. . . no. The baby might be. . ."

"Might be what?!"

"D-Dead. . ."

They can't speak either.

"I wish the baby and I could've switched positions. . ." I state.

"Don't talk like that Jordyn."

"It's true! Carl doesn't deserve his kid being killed because of his baby momma's lousy ex! He deserves to have his kid healthy and well!

"He deserves to have you too, Jordyn! He couldn't live without you!"

"Then why did he break up with me if he still loved me?!"

"He felt like you didn't love him the same! You pushed him away-"

"To protect him! I did it to prevent this from happening, but it just caused it! Everything I try to do to help something, I just make it worse!"

"You've tried the best your best. Don't put souch weight on your shoulders." Nicole calms down.

"And that isn't good enough because nothing good has happened because of it. . ." I calm down as well.

"It has created many great things. You and Carl meeting each other, meeting us, protecting us when we had no defense. We barely knew each other and you risked your life for us. You're a great person, and you don't need to change the way you are."

I remember those words come out of the mouth of Christ, the man you always reminded me to never change.

"Thank you, Nicole." I hug her tightly.

She is my best friend, and I wouldn't trade her for anything. She has been nice and and to me when I haven't deserved it, and I'm so glad I have her now. (HighOnChandy)

"I need to find Carl. I want you to come with me."

Daryl replies, "I'm coming, too. Don't need two pregnant women being killed."

We smile and step into the car again.