Chapter 27- You Better Pray For Help

I walk out of the hospital with rage. I can't even express how mad I am right now. I look up at the sky and imagine bombs going off with my name in the air. If only I would've died when I was supposed to, this would have never happened. Everything... everything...

All of this is your fault. I tell myself. You ruin everything. My relationship with Nicole, Greg, Daryl, Logan, Mom... All of this is my fault...

If God saw so much good and potential in me, why did he let all of this happen? To make me tougher? To make sure I'm what I need to be? I have no clue, but I intend to find out...

____________________________________________

After everyone has questioned Mary/Julie to where she punched Daryl in the face, they came back to ice his jaw down. All I can do is sit in my room and cry, scream, or shout at my father (who's obviously not here). He should've died like he was supposed to, but I can't say too much. I'm my case, it's not "like mother, like daughter" or "like father, like son"; but "like father, like daughter". I know it may seem a little confusing, but I really wish I was like my mother instead. She's beautiful, nice, and knows how to take a hit unlike my dad. My mom was the one who took care of us while Dad went somewhere with his friends. He was never there, and now that he is, I wish he wasn't.

"Hey!" Daryl shouts, snapping me back to Earth. He stands in the door with a red face with an ice pack over his right jaw.

"Yeah?" I reply like I'm tired even though I'm not.

"You wanna come out? We gotta tell you something."

I nod nervously step and follow him into the kitchen. Carl, Nicole, and Foxface are sitting on the edge of the counter swinging their feet back and forth. When they see me walk in, the swinging stops, and a sad face appears on everyone's face.

I asked with a cracked voice, "What is is?"

"Um, uh..." Daryl tries to explain. He's really bad at this.

Nicole rolls her eyes. "You're gonna have a new family member."

My first thought is Am I pregnant?

It seems like they can read my mind because Carl says, "You're not pregnant, but..."

Dad. I think. He cheated on my mom with Mary, so that can only leave one option...

"So... I have another little brother or sister?"

Carl's mouth has turned to a straight line with his eyes skipping from me to the floor repeatedly.

"Where is my dad?"

"Last time we heard, he was heading for the hospital to pick up Mary."

I shake my head in rage and eagerness. It's my turn to teach Dad some manners.

____________________________________________

When I pull back into the hospital parking lot (this place seems like my second home), I see my dad glance at me out of the corner of his eye, but didn't look at me after that. He tends to caring for Mary, even though there's nothing wrong with her.

As he starts to step down the concrete steps (there's only three steps), my first instinct is to confront him face to face, so I do. I run to him, jump, and kick him in his chest, causing him to stumble backward and hit the back of his head on the concrete. But there is no damage except for pain...

Feel the burn, you traitor.

"What the heck was that for?!" my dad shouts.

"For deserting us when we, I, needed you the most."

"I didn't desert you; I protected you!"

"How?! Logan, Greg, and I had to live on our own as kids! And just in case you didn't know, that's called deserting!"

"I didn't desert you! If you had to go through what I did, you would understand!"

"And maybe if it was just your siblings and you living together, you would understand too!"

"You know what? If I didn't satisfy you by not protecting you, I won't try anymore. I'm done."

"Good because I am too."

He stares at me as I march to the road again, but then another idea pops in my head.

"Hey, Walton! Good luck with the baby!"

"How did you know about that?"

"I have my ways, and I should know if I'm having a little baby brother or sister because if I was pregnant, you would wanted to know about you grandkid, wouldn't you?"

He just stars at me coldly, then acts like the conversation never happened. But what I just said has set a lightbulb in my head, and it's shining very brightly.