Chapter 38- Stronger

Hey guys! I know I already published this chapter, but it only published part of it, so here is the rest. I'm so sry, but here ya go:

Hey guys! I know I've had a lot of these author's notes lately, but this one is very important. I've decided to make forty chapters, but I'm going to put a sneek peak for the second book when I'm finished, so don't archive or delete it until then plz. Thnx for getting me to 1.43K! I have no idea how I've got that many reads, but thank u guys for being the best readers ever! Msg me or write on my msg board cuz I'd love to talk to you guys! Luh u and here's tha chapter!

~l3ahbu9

* * *

Carl's POV

I look from Jordyn to Daryl continuously, and I see the confusion and hurt in her eyes. She just stands there, staring at him like he's a new, unknown species.

She exclaims, "Do you not even care that she just died?!"

He doesn't reply. He just stares at Lucy, which is in his arms.

"Carl, take the baby," she points at Daryl. "And you, come with me." And she drags Daryl upstairs.

If that were me, Daryl would've knocked me out by now. He must really like Jordyn, or... afraid? No. Daryl isn't afraid of anything.

I hear two screaming voices from upstairs, and I know it can't be good. I hear a few things break.

"Chan..." I say a little worried. "I think they might be throwing stuff at each other... Knowing them, they probably are..."

"It's okay. Everything is old in there anyway. I was planning on throwing it away." He wipes away a tear.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah..."

He's such a liar. I roll my eyes and pull him in the kitchen. He stares at his feet, trying to hide the tears. I kneel down so I can see him, but he covers his face with his hands.

"She didn't deserve this," he whispers as tears flood his cheeks. "I don't know what to do."

"I know how that feels. I felt the same when Jordyn-"

"That's a total different story, Carl. She came back to you after she rejected you before. I loved her, but she apparently didn't feel the same. I can't have her back because she's dead, Carl. Lifeless! Done! Gone! Never going to be seen again!"

He starts to tear himself apart. It wasn't his fault; it wasn't anyone's fault. It's just nature.

"Hey," I reply calmly. "You're going to be okay. I'm here; we're here, okay?"

"I just... I don't even know anymore. She just left, and now I'm missing her like no other. I can't think except for hearing her screams and horror. Nothing else... just nothing..."

"What do you want me to do?"

He hesitates, "Keep an eye on me... Can you do that?"

I nod. "Okay," I look toward the steps, then back to him. "Let's go check on them, make sure they're still alive."

That was a bad choice of words. Stupid.

I look back at Chan, and he puts his Under Armor sweatshirt on and pulls it where his can wrap beneath his fingers. I brush the hair out of his face (to the left) and motion him to go before me up the steps. He does so, and we walk upstairs.