"So..." Cassian studied my flustered look, "...what happened?"

"Um well..." speaking about it,I could hardly contain the warm feeling in my chest. "...We may have kissed."

"Kissed?!" Lanis eyes lit with excitement

"twice." I mumbled under my breath

"Twice!" Cassian shot up from his seat, grasping his hands to his head. "I can't believe this...is Dominic Jones...moving on? I didn't think this day would ever come!"

"Shhh Cass." I gestured to him to sit down and he flopped in his seat.

"I'm sorry." He said " I just didn't think Dominic would ever learn to trust a woman again. How'd you do it? Don't tell me you have mind powers too!"

"What? No." I shook my head, " I don't know what happened...I just..." I sighed, "...I'm able to see through to him. He thinks people see him as nothing but cold and heartless, so when I finally saw him as something more...I think he liked that."

" My eyes are sweating." Cassian pretended to weep, " My little Dom's finally opening up."

"Cassian, I don't think little is the word to describe him, he's half your size." Lani eyed Cassian up

"I'm older!"

"Ya by like three months."

"Still."

"Anyways..." Lani rolled her eyes, then turned to me with a smile. " I'm glad you're making him happy Ev. He needs it."

When Lani said that I felt a swarm of butterflies dance in my stomach. I couldn't help myself but smile. Though half of our conversations ended in arguing, there was something about Dominics cockyness I liked. I'd never thought i'd admit it but I enjoyed being around him. I enjoyed it a lot.

Even after everything, there was still a part of me that felt he didn't fully trust me. That she's still tugging at his thoughts. I didn't think she'd ever leave his head.

I was startled out of my thoughts by a thump that's landed in front of me on the table. I glanced at the solid object, I could recognize that black leather suit, bullet proof vest and shielded helmet anywhere. It was trooper armor.

"Went fishing?" Cassian raised his eyebrow, peering over my head.

"Sure as hell." I turned around and Celeste stood over me, proudly admiring the suit, " Caught some catfish."

Cassian leaned in to eye up the suit. He picked up the helmet, and held it to his nose, dropping it immediately after. " God, catfish probably smells better than this!"

"Sorry it doesn't meet your standards Cass, next time I'll pick up a trooper that smells like roses." Celeste snapped with her signature attitude

"Actually I prefer vanilla, maybe cinnamon, or even—"

Before Cassian could continue Celeste picked a blade out of her pocket and tossed it in front of her. It cut through the air with a whoosh, that barely missed the dark skin of Cassian's cheek and stuck into the tree behind him.

"Okay Celeste!" Cassian shot his hands up in fright, " Roses will do!"

Cassian turned around and ripped the knife out of the tree. He reeled back his shoulder and threw it forward, the knife flying back at Celeste. She effortlessly swung her arm up and caught the knife mid-air, brushing dust off the handle before spinning it between her fingers.

"Cassian...don't ever, ever touch my blades again, okay?" Celeste tossed him a sarcastic smirk

"If you don't want your prized possessions touched, then maybe don't hurl them at me! Wouldn't want anything to happen to this beautiful face." Cassian brushed his hands on his cheeks