28 | Hey Brother

I think my father sensed us in the water because two hippocampi greeted us at the shore, one of which was Rainbow, undoubtedly for Pavel. We climbed on their backs and dove into the sea towards my father's palace.

1st Person | Percy's POV
1384 words

As we approached the gates to Atlantis, two guards stopped us and pointed their spears in our direction.

"Who goes there?"

"Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon. I've come to see my father."

The guards immediately stood at attention when I gave my name and bowed their heads. The one to the left spoke first, "Our apologies, Lord Percy. Your father said he'd be in the forges."

The right guard spoke second, "Is this cyclops with you? I've not seen him here before."

"Yes, he's with me. We'll be on our way. Thank you."

"Of course," they said as they opened the gates for us.

The hippocampi knew where to go and soon enough we were at the forges. Lots of loud banging noises were heard and the heat was intense. I wasn't sure if I'd come out unscathed, so I opted to wait outside. Pavel waited with me.

"Ah! Percy, my son!" I was given a bone-crushing hug.

"BROTHER!" If my bones weren't already broken, they sure were now.

"Hey, dad. Hey, big guy. Make more weapons?"

"Oh yes! Lots of good sticks to hit bad people with!" I couldn't help but laugh at his enthusiasm. I seriously missed him.

"Son, everyone has been worried sick. What kept you down in Tartarus so long?"

"That story might take a while. I'll explain on Olympus, but for now I must introduce you to Pavel. Your son," I said first to Poseidon, "and our brother," I finished facing Tyson. "If it weren't for him, in a way, I never would have gotten out of Tartarus so quickly. I was hoping he could learn from the Cyclopes here."

"Of course he can, but why not make him one of your first subjects?"

"I had thought that. I could ensure his safety if I did, but for many reasons, it would not be right."

"Very well, son. He may stay here with Tyson."

We were so wrapped up in our conversation we didn't even notice that Tyson and Pavel had already walked (swam? floated?) off together and were playing in a sea bed with a school of fish. It was good to see them so happy. I hoped Pavel liked it here. And now Tyson had another brother. I didn't want to disturb the scene, so I flashed to Olympus and called an emergency meeting.

Within a matter of minutes, everyone arrived. They were all shocked that I was sitting on my throne and still sane after coming back alive from Tartarus for a second time.

"Well, if I don't have to cure him of insanity, can I have my wine back?" Dionysus asked.

"Fine! Fine!" Zeus bellowed. "Percy, what happened? Will he help us?"

"He will honor a truce, but he can not provide direct aid. Instead, any monster that honors the truce will stay in Tartarus until we call. When we need the army of monsters it will be ours to command."