Chapter 18: Talk of the Town

"i'm just happy I get to go somewhere

"i'm just happy I get to go somewhere. talk to new people"

Y/N's POV

Two Weeks Later

"Hurry now, love! You're going to love it!" the king said excitedly, pulling me through the halls and towards the front doors of the castle. I laughed at his excitement for the surprise.

We went out the doors, Carter scrambling to keep up with us and stopped, a carriage in front of us.

"Tada! I'm taking you into town so you can talk to our subjects!" George announced. I beamed at him. "Really?!" He nodded and I squealed with joy, climbing into the carriage with George behind me, careful not to trip on my dress.

 "Really?!" He nodded and I squealed with joy, climbing into the carriage with George behind me, careful not to trip on my dress

Once the king was settled in the seat beside me, the chauffeur shut the door and climbed into the driver seat.

"I knew you'd be excited." George said as I grinned with happiness.

"I'm just happy I get to go somewhere. Talk to new people. It's going to be great!" I said enthusiastically and George chuckled.

We rode for a little while before we reached the main square. The carriage came to a stop and Carter and the chauffeur hopped out of the driver seats, opening the doors. Carter helped me out of the carriage and I smiled, looking around in awe at the town and the people.

Whispers and gasps filled the air. "It's the future queen!"

"What is the king doing in town?!"

"She's so beautiful, I see why the king is going to marry her."

"I wonder what they're doing here....."

The king's hand gently took mine and he gave it an encouraging squeeze. I smiled softly at him before stepping forward. A little girl that appeared to be about three years old with curly brown hair and blue eyes started giggling and ran up to me. "Up, up!" she said joyfully, raising her arms towards me and making grabbing motions.

The crowd of people all watched in anticipation to see how I would react, but I just chuckled and picked the little girl up

She giggled and started playing with my hair as I held her on my hip. "What's your name, little one?" I asked softly and the crowd of people smiled at me and started talking amongst themselves.

"Emily, your highness." she said in a high-pitched baby voice, struggling to say the words.

"Well it's wonderful to meet you, Emily. My name's Y/N."

"Y-Y/N?" she stuttered. I smiled and nodded. A woman in her late twenties with the same brown hair and blue eyes walked up and said "I hope my daughter isn't bothering you, your highness."

"Oh no! There's no trouble at all. She's a very sweet little girl." I said. Emily giggled and nuzzled into my shoulder.

"If you'd like, your highness, we could show you around town. I understand you're new here." the woman said politely. "I'd love that! What's your name?"

"Abigail, your highness." she said.

"Please call me, Y/N." I smiled and turned back towards George. "Go along now. Carter will go with you." he said, smiling.

I thanked him with my eyes and turned back around, following Abigail with Carter behind me. Emily childishly waved goodbye to George.

*Timeskip*

Emily, Abigail, and I had been all over town. The bakery, general store, antique shop, inn, cafe, floral shop, church, tavern, and post office. Everywhere we went, people would whisper about me, how I was the future queen and it was good that I was nice and acted like a normal person. Some people even approached me to say hello. I didn't mind though, it was good that they liked me.

Finally, we finished touring the town and made our way back to the carriage. George was waiting for we with a slight smile on his face. I handed Emily back to her mother and the king asked "Did you enjoy yourself?" I nodded. "Very much. The town and the people both are amazing."

"Goodbye, your highness!" Emily said, waving. Abigail smiled. "I'm glad you liked the town."

"It was good to meet you both." I said kindly before climbing into the carriage behind George, Carter sitting beside the driver. "What did you do while I was gone?" I asked as the carriage started moving.

"Oh, nothing important. Just talked with the priest at the church and such." the king answered, waving it off like it was unimportant.

"Thank you for bringing me here.....I enjoyed it......" I said shyly. He smiled and gently held my hand. "Your welcome, my dear."

I covered my mouth as I coughed a little bit and the king looked at me with concern. "I'm fine....." I said, waving it off. He didn't look convinced, but he said no more.

And Peggy's POV

I made my decision. It was now or never and I didn't want anyone else's help. I was doing this myself.

I carried my suitcase in my hands as I walked forward on a doc in New York Harbor. Not looking back, I walked up the ramp and onto the ship, giving my luggage to a man in a suit, who took it towards the cabins.

The horn blew on the ship and some men yelled to raise the sails and other things.

I stood at the edge, holding the railing as I looked out into the ocean. Don't worry, my dear sister. I'm coming for you.

A/N: Ooooh.......Peggy to the rescue! Hope you guys are enjoying the story! I have next Wednesday-Sunday off for Thanksgiving so I'll have a lot of free time, which I will spend most of on Wattpad! If you guys have any questions about the story, feel free to ask! I'm happy to answer!

Vote, comment, share! Happy reading! :)