Chapter 6: A Winter's Ball

"1780, a winter's ball, and the Schuyler sisters are the envy of all"

One Month Later: Y/N's POV

"Come on, Y/N! We'll be late!" I heard Eliza yell. I looked up from my book and sighed in annoyance, knowing they would yell for me again before I would reach the next chapter.

I placed the bookmark in between the pages and closed it. I stood up and straightened out my dress before leaving the comforts of my room and descending down the stairs.

"Y/N doesn't care about the ball. She already has a man. Or should I say a king." Peggy accused jokingly.

My cheeks became dusted with a light shade of pink. "Oh, shut up........" It was true, after all. King George lll writes me letters all the time, saying how he can never stop thinking about me. I wasn't even sure I felt the same, but I wrote him back nonetheless. He was royalty, after all.

"Leave her alone, girls. Go along now. The carriage is waiting outside." my father, Phillip Schuyler said, opening the front doors for us.

We each kissed him on the cheek on our way out and climbed into the carriage.

Timeskip

My sisters and I walked into the ball and I saw a bunch of men dancing around and singing. "1780, a winter's ball, and the Schuyler sisters are the envy of all. If you could marry a sister, you're rich son." Arron Burr sang.

A man with appealing brown eyes and dark brown hair tied into a half-up ponytail walked over and kissed Angelica's hand softly before walking away.

"Is it a question of if, Burr, or which one?" he finished. The brown-eyed man, Burr, and a man with poofy shoulder-length black hair and freckles started doing a funky little dance. "Hey, hey, hey, hey......"

I rolled my eyes and walked away to get some punch or something. At the drinks section, I got a glass of punch and stood, watching Angelica dazzling the room and Eliza standing at the side of the ballroom.

"Not much for dancing?" a voice suddenly asked from beside me.

I looked over and my eyes widened in surprise. "General Washington!" He laughed at my reaction. "I get that a lot."

Ever since the war had started, George Washington had been famous. He was the general of men that were fighting for America's independence. He was brave, smart, and handsome. Everyone loved him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. Y/N Schuyler." I introduced. He kissed my hand like every gentlemen would. "Schuyler, huh? Watch out for some of my soldiers. They'll be tripping over themselves to win your praise and attention." Washington warned.