Chapter 17: Paintings and New Rooms

"you should learn where you are before you try to escape, darling"

King George's POV

She had left. Just left. I think she was overwhelmed and scared, but I didn't go after her. She deserved some alone time and Carter would watch her.

What I had told her was all true. I loved her and wasn't going to let her go. She had to learn to accept that. You can't just push away your feelings, especially when it comes to love. And I didn't even want to. She was perfect and she was mine.

Apparently, I was lost in thought for quite a few minutes before a knock on the door startled me. "Come in." I called, hoping it was Y/N.

Y/N's POV

Carter set me down in front of the large oak door, keeping his hands on my shoulders securely, and I huffed in annoyance, a stray piece of hair blowing slightly before falling back into my face as I crossed my arms.

I closed my eyes in anticipation as Carter knocked and I heard a somewhat startled 'come in'.

I sucked in a breath as Carter opened the door and nudged me inside, following behind. "Just caught this one trying to escape, your majesty. She would've tripped and landed on her head if I hadn't caught her too."

The king stood up and I gulped as he moved towards me, tucking the strand of hair behind my ear. "Is that true, dear?"

I nodded, barely visible, and looked away in embarrassment and partly anxiety. "Well, my love, that's breaking rule number one. I thought we discussed that there would be no escaping?"

"W-We......We did....." I muttered.

"Hmm.....Carter, why weren't you waiting for her outside?" George questioned.

Carter straightened up. "You see, your majesty, I was going to get Y/N some tea and I ran into her on the way back. She was running through the halls, no clue where she was."

"You should learn where you are before you try to escape, darling." the king said, an amused smile on his face. I suddenly became very interested in the floor. "I suppose since this is only one rule broken, we can let it slide. But if you break three rules I'll have to punish you." George said.

I looked up, feeling a weight lifted off my shoulders. "T-Thank you....."

"Just don't break anymore rules." he advised. He kissed my cheek and I blushed a dark red. "Now then, I have something I want to show you. Come here."

King George took my hand and gently guided me down the hallway to a door towards the end. He opened it to reveal a large and fancy bedroom. It had a large king-size bed decorated with red, brown, and white pillows, a large wooden dresser with a mirror on the top, a writing desk with writing equipment, a vanity, some bookshelves with a cozy red armchair and coffee table nearby, a sofa on the floor against the wall, and a door leading to a bathroom.

The bathroom was also large, with a big tub, sink, and plenty of towels and toiletries. There was a walk-in closet attached to it with tons of dresses hanging inside.  Candles lit up the bedroom in a few places, but there were no windows, just like the last room.

"This is amazing......" I said in awe, feeling the soft fabric on the bed. There was a separate blanket from the bedcovers that was even softer. It was a dark red and was about the perfect size to wrap around myself.

"I'm glad you like it, my love." he said with a smile. I couldn't believe he put my room in his wing of the castle. Then again, he probably wanted me as close as possible.

"Ready for dinner, dear?" George asked, offering me his hand. I hesitantly took it and we walked out of the room.

*Timeskip*

I finished eating my dinner after awhile, enjoying the wonderful food. The king and I were the only two at a very long and fancy table. He sat at the head of it, farthest from the door, and I sat to his left.

We had ate mostly in peaceful silence, but once I set down my fork, I frowned in suspicion as I noticed Carter sneaking up behind my chair.

Before I had time to react, he had tied me to the chair, a rope around my waist that was tied into a tight knot at the back of the wooden chair. "H-Hey!!! What's this for?!" I exclaimed in confusion. The king chuckled. "I can't have you trying to escape when the artist is working."

"Artist? Escaping? What are you talking about?!" I questioned.

The king only laughed as Carter tilted the chair backwards so that the front wasn't touching the ground. I held on tight to the armrest. "Tell me what's going on! Please!"

"I'm going to have someone paint a picture of you to hang in my study, of course." George said cheerfully as Carter dragged me across the room while I sat helplessly in the chair. "I don't want to have a painting made of me!" I said firmly, struggling against the rope.

"I wasn't giving you a choice, dearest. Don't hurt yourself." King George said as a short man with slicked back black hair and a curved mustache walked into the room, carrying a large canvas and some paints and paintbrushes. I groaned as he got to work.

*Timeskip*

"Isn't she just darling?!" the king said enthusiastically, showing Seabury the finished painting of me. "V-Very....." Seabury said shyly. I mumbled something along the lines of 'let me out of this stupid chair', struggling against the ropes again.

"Oh sorry, love. Carter, untie her." George said, still gawking over the painting.

Carter did as he was told and I stood up and sighed in content, grateful for the freedom to move again. "Come, my dear. Time for bed." King George said, taking my hand and giving the painting to a servant, who followed the king, Carter, and I down the halls and to the king's wing.

We walked inside and were greeted by Aubrey, who took me into my room and drew me a warm bath. After I was finished with the relaxing bath, I dressed in my nightgown and walked outside, King George and Carter both standing in my room, waiting.

Aubrey curtsied before taking her leave and the king looked at me, beaming. "Come see, dear!" He grabbed my hand and led me out of my room and into another which happened to be his study.

In the center of the wall behind the desk, sat the beautifully painted picture of me, hung perfectly straight and neat. I smiled slightly as the king beamed up at it. "It's perfect!!!!!"

"I'm glad you enjoyed it......" I mumbled sarcastically, though it was funny to see George so cheerful.

"Well, you're right, it was a horrible process. But it was totally worth it in the end! Come now, let's get you in bed."

The king and I walked back to my room, Carter following us, and I laid down in the new bed, George pulling the covers up to my waist. I grabbed the soft red blanket and wrapped it around myself. "Goodnight, my love. See you in the morning." King George said, kissing my forehead before smiling and walking towards the door. "I'm right across the hall if you need me!" he called behind him as the door shut, Carter standing guard outside.