Chapter 87: The Swan of the Beasts

Start from the beginning

I frowned. "And no one bothered reporting him?"

"Of course, naisip nila 'yon. But he has the influence, dito sa Arth and in the gaming society. He is considered as an important person. Isa pa, you'll be fine as long as you don't piss him off."

"So, siya ang rason kung bakit naging infamous sila?"

"He set an image in the guild and attracted players who enjoy fights. His presence encouraged other members to go on a full killing spree."

Tumango ako. Napasulyap ako sa ring kung saan tapos na ang naunang away at naghahanda na si Aisling.

"And, their leader didn't even bother to meddle?"

"Leev has no interest in his surroundings. He only wants to find people he can spar with." he paused. "Although there was that one time where Leev and Leon fell into an argument because of the stupid massacre a guild member did."

"Akala ko ba wala siyang paki?"

"He still leads the guild, sis. Ang ginagawa ng guild niya ay magre-reflect sa kaniya."

Pinaningkitan ko siya ng mata. "Alam mo, napakachismoso mo din 'no. Paano mo nalaman mga bagay na 'yan?"

He gave me a disappointed look. "I'm called the Anima, Ev. I'm one of the top players. Hell, I'm the top mage."

Umuwang ang labi ko. "Ah. Grabe. Hindi ko kasi nafe-feel, pero wow, sana all."

Sinapak niya ako. I glared at him. Itinuro niya ang stage kung saan magsisimula na ang laban ni Aisling at isang brawler.

"Look closely. I have a feeling Aisling is a good dancer. You need to study how she fights, dahil ang makakalaban mo ay isang dancer."

Tumango ako at mas lumapit sa stage. I excused myself between two largely-built person dahil hindi ko makita nang maayos ang stage. Hinayaan naman nila akong pumwesto sa unahan. Perks of being tall, hay.

May isang parang violet shawl na nakapalibot kay Aisling. Ang kalaban niya ay nakasuot lamang ng shorts at bare-chested. They both don't have any sharp weapons. A fight of raw strength and technique.

The timer started. The event started earlier than usual. 8pm rather than 9:30. Maybe it's because of their rule na the battle will only end once a player dies. I still think it's too harsh, but judging the past fights, the victor and the loser are clearly distinguished.

There are times where attacking first is a good strategy. Pwedeng mastartle ang kalaban mo or you can overwhelm them with your strength. It creates a momentary stun with the brain process at makakagain ka ng advantage sa laban. However, it can also be your demise. Lalo na kapag marunong sa labanan ang kalaban mo.

And that's what Aisling's opponent did wrong.

Sumugod siya kay Aisling na nakatayo lang at nakasunod sa bawat galaw niya. He's actually very fast and has a good agility. Ngunit mas mabilis ang mga mata ni Aisling. She read his every direction and predicted his every movement, kaya bago niya pa maland ang unang atake, he fell flat on the ground.

Aisling kneed his incoming fist back to him. Imagine the strength she had to overpower him. Nagulat ang lahat na nasa arena sa nangyari. The brawler wiped the blood off his swollen lips and stood up again. May bagong determinasyon na sa mata niya. Itinaas niya ang mga kamay at naghanda ulit sa pag-atake. Maybe he was only testing Ais' reflex kanina?

Hindi siya umatake and Aisling seemed to have expected it because she made the first move. She took two steps closer to the brawler, the latter following her movements. Then, on a blink of an eye she twirled and let go of her shawl. A direct hit to her opponent!