Chapter 91: The Unfortunate Meeting

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

-chapter ninety-one-

____________________

VESTA

'Hiraeth, registered as an NPC in the game. Which signifies that he is to be killed.'

FEYRE IS very competitive. She assess other people's skills and compares it with her own, to know what she should improve and lay off. 

Her longest battle and the sole thing that drives her competitiveness is herself. Her hunger to be better and higher than anyone else. Her hunger to finish all her goals.

Maybe that's why she always achieve them. They seem like a ridiculous dream, but she can pull it off with little sweat.

Seeing her playstyle on her game lit a fire inside my heart. I'm not very competitive, after all. I have no drowning desire for winning, nor any satisfaction in seeing a losing face. I am always left contented with whatever result I land in.

But, this time, it's different. This time, I can feel a spark inside my heart, loudly whispering that I win this game. My game.

My world. The ground where I can perfectly stand with other players. The ground where I can perfectly fight and defend. The ground where I can excel.

"...Four.. Five..." red circles started to track my target. "Killing commence."

Five bullets flew off the building's rooftop and towards five unsuspecting NPCs. Magkasabay na nahulog ang mga ito. Level D NPC has little defense and slow speeds, perfect for early hunting. However, after studying the last game, there's a probability that they will be gone in ten minutes. Papalitan sila ng Level C2 NPC na kailangang double hit sa normal bullet. 

Ikinabit ko ang cable na nakakabit sa shorts ko sa pinakamalapit na building. I customized this equipment to make travelling between high buildings easy. Feyre showed me a lot of tips on how to handle cables and chains effectively. If players decide to team up and ambush me in the rooftop, this is my escape plan.

I haven't detected any incoming rangers, but I have to practice caution. Five NPC dead on the first minutes makes snipers most suspecting. Kung may player na nakapwesto malapit sa kills ko, they will trace the origin of the bullet. The high ground where it came from will only confirm the sniper's identity. After that, it's either they'll ambush from the door or target me from their own sniper guns. 

The daggers at the end of the cable pierced through the soft walls of the building upfront. Umatras ako ng tatlong hakbang bago tuluyang tumalon, at mabilis na sinipa ang glass na bintana ng gusali. I landed with a roll on the ground, and immediately scanned my sorroundings. 

Two rangers in the floor below mine. Another one just in the next room and there are a couple of blinking presences inside the building. Nge. Nagkamali ako ng pagpili sa gusali. This one has a lot of rangers.

Napatalon ako ng biglang sumabog ang pader sa kwarto na kinaroonan ko. My senses immediately panicked at the terrifying presence that seemed to take all the air inside the room. Dahan-dahan itong naglakad papunta sa direksiyon ko. The smoke of dust is hiding the figure's appearance, and only the large gun behind them is visible. Fuck, it's the player at the next room. I should have immediately ran.

Tiningnan ko ang bintana sa likuran, pero bago ko pa ma-entertain ang thought na doon ako lalabas ay nagsalita ang pigura.

"Hey~" the figure's voice is oddly familiar. "What a coincidence meeting you here again."