Chapter 83: Dance to the Beast

-chapter eighty-four-
____________________

He looks like death. And I might just be a little bit in love.

"WHAT A wonderful situation! The Oddcredibles rogue is now facing the number one rogue in Arth! Mendeleev is also known for his legendary rogue and assassin gameplays in countless games. Would the feisty rogue be able to handle him?"

"Partner, let us also not forget the fact that Feyre is one amazing rogue despite, well, despite of her quirks. She was able to stand against Night Growler's Sena and sparred with the Leev before!"

The announcer's voice rang in the whole arena. Most of the screen, even the main one, now shows the current scene where Feyre and Mendeleev are facing each other. Ang Warbeast leader ay kanina pa nakikitang nakikipaglaban. Killing any rogue that comes his way without sweat.

The Oddcredibles rogue was also shown, for a quite bit, fighting against an assassin from Huntres Nation. The crowd are impressed by the rogue's skill, especially with how she easily masters her chains.

Feyre smiled. Seeing the famous rogue with blood splattered around him, looking like a personified death, makes her heart beat faster. At naalala niyang sinabi noon ni Voldmir that it is a symptom for falling in love.

Feyre is a simple woman, after all. Handsome men are always her priorities. Warbeast rogue is not as handsome as the male Sol, but he's 0.2 percent better than Hex. Although, Feyre doesn't like his height. Para siyang bata. Para siyang si Priamos.

Feyre is a simple woman. Blood and the affinity for killing. Ngunit siguro ay dahil lang ito sa bloodlust ni Feyre.

"We meet again." aniya.

The Warbeast rogue tilted his head. There was recognition in his eyes but he can't seem to pinpoint where exactly he met the rogue. The cat-like eyes are familiar to him.

And because he doesn't really have a filter, he blurted out a, "Who are you?"

He wanted to say it nicely, but his rough and scratchy voice made it more intimidating and mildly bored. Mendeleev pouted mentally. He doesn't like making a bad first impression.

On the other hand, Feyre is beyond shocked. Iba't ibang emosyon ang nararamdaman niya ngayon. Gulat at galit ang nangibabaw, until the shock was replaced by the burning anger and she saw red.

It's not a stretch to say Mendeleev was surprised when the rogue began to attack him. Siguro nga ay talagang nameet niya na ito noon pa. But why can't he remember her when her cat-like eyes are so familiar?

Inikot ni Feyre ang chains bago ito ipinalipad sa Warbeast rogue. It went past the male, and the dagger began to make a turn, aiming for his back. Ngunit pinigilan ito ng rogue nang hawakan niya ang chains at ni-pull, dragging Feyre forwards. Feyre yelped, as the strong force made her fly towards the Warbeast, but she regained her balance mid-air, spinning and slashing her boot-knife into the rogue's head.

Mabilis itong iniwasan ni Mendeleev. Hinawakan niya ang paa ng chainmaster at inikot ito, letting the female fall to the ground. However, she was fast to turn around, straddle his waist and pull back her chains, encircling it to Mendeleev's neck, who struggled to keep the chain from choking him.

It all happened no less than a minute. Feyre huffed, eyes blazing in excitement and thrill, keeping her balance through the rogue's waist. She was hanging upside-down, her legs clutching tightly for dear life.

Mendeleev took his knife and slash at her. Panay ang iwas ni Feyre habang nakakabit. Sumimangot siya. The warbeast is too strong to keep her from choking him. So...