Chapter 85: Sniper, At the Ready!

-chapter eighty-five-
____________________

VESTA

'Biglang may humatak sa'kin and instead of seeing four enraged NPC, a familiar lazy smile graced my eyes.'

NAGPAPUTOK AKO ng dalawang beses.

Adimus staggered back and looked at me with disappointment. Itinaas ko ang rifle mula sa tiyan papunta sa leeg, the blade tracing each fabric and skin.

"How unexpected, Vesta. I've always viewed you as a non-violent person." maarte niyang hinawakan ang puso. "You've wound me. Figuratively and literally."

"We're enemies." inosente kong sagot.

"I know! But I just saved you!"

Binalingan ko ang grupo ng papalayong NPC. "I could have handled them."

I have plenty of life to spare and I still have some potions to use. I can find some escape and kill them afterwards.

Adimus leaned backwards and lazily scanned my equipments. He's not even trying to heal his wounds. Nakakadistract ang nagdudugo niyang tiyan.

Ilang minuto kaming nagkatitigan. I actually want to go already, pero kanina niya pa binubuka ang bibig na parang may sasabihin. Pero ilang minuto na kaming nakatayo dito ang he's showing no signs of talking!

I also don't want to start the conversation. First, I have nothing to say. And second, I don't want us to talk at the same time.

Awkward 'yon.

Kaya naman unti-unti nalang akong umatras. Patuloy lang ang pagsunod niya sa galaw ko, hanggang sa hindi ko na siya tuluyang makita. I grimaced. Why is he so weird?

Umiling ako. Why are players who are of higher rank so damn weird? Parte ba 'yon ng requirements nila?

Ikinasa ko ang baril at muling naglakad. The moon's presence is a bit dim but there's enough light in these woods. The map told me that I'm at the eastern south district, and the forest is at the center of the eastern north and south. Which means na pwede ko ding madaanan ang main street na nasa harap ng building ko kanina.

The advantage of using the forest is minimizing my presence in the city. It also serves as a good hiding place for people who are wounded or dying. It's also the best place for snipers.

The disadvantage is the higher-level players with more stealth that are hiding in the forest as well. Most of them are just waiting here to kill already dying players or to steal items. There's also the matter of fewer NPCs in here, and keeping the kill count higher is next to impossible.

But then, I'm a sniper so I just have to find a good spot.

Pinilit kong itago ang presensiya sa buong paghahanap. There are already a lot of wounded players seeking refuge and their predators are just hiding behind trees, waiting for the perfect time to kill. My perception helps with finding out their locations. At tsaka, it's always been an understated fact, na higher stealth usually have lower perception.

Well, unless you're some rogue who knows how to balance their attribute set right.

For rangers, we prioritize in our perception of danger. The sensor helps us scan for the perfect spot to place ourselves, lalo na't rangers are one of the jobs with the lowest HP. Hindi kami kasing durable ng tanks o kasing palaban ng mga fighters. Mages, even though soft, have a lot of stun skills kaya medyo mahirap din silang makuha.