Chapter 76: The Siren that Sings

henluu.

-chapter seventy-six-
____________________

VESTA

'A perfect headshot. A perfect kill.'

A LOUD screech and the siren fell, water sloshing. A number one appeared beside the Kill status and my points went to 12.

Loading the gun, I positioned the sniper rifle again, looking through the scope. Too tricky. The creatures flies up and swims back relatively fast. And on my direction, there are about five sea-human creatures with tails delicately appearing.

Napakahirap pang makita ang pagkakaiba nila. From what I've gathered, sirens looks almost like mermaids, save for their paler skin and a much more scaly neck. Some sirens like to adorn themselves with beautiful jewelry, like the mermaids. Their tails are of somewhat similar length, but the mermaid's are colorful, in hues of coral blue and emerald green while the sirens have a duller one.

And, well, the sirens are more terrifying than mermaids.

Binasa ko ang labi nang makita kong naghahanda ulit ang mga sirens at mermaids na tumalon pataas ng tubig. The Lake's water is clear, seeing the creatures looming on the depth is very easy.

My finger landed carefully on the trigger. There are three mermaids and two sirens, who will jump up on the same time but land with a difference in seconds. Narrowing my eyes, I studied each of them.

The first one jumped up, the perfect red dot of the rifle placing itself on its forehead. A mermaid, the corals on her pinkish hair is enough to define it. The second one went up and my finger clicked on the third one. Two sirens.

A splash in the lake, the fourth one jumped up and I shot on the fifth one again. Three sirens.

Nagulat ako nang magclick ulit ang daliri ko. My eyes widened as the bullet travel towards the siren I last shot, now screeching loudly.

Just in time for the siren's head to fall, the bullet pierced through it's hair and landed on the skull of another siren miles down. With an arrow on its shoulder, a golden one.

Four sirens. And one Chaska as angry as a bull.

Napasulyap ako sa kaniya nang ibaba ko ang baril. True enough, she was glaring daggers at me. Pretty face on an ugly frown.

Feyre would, for sure, clap loudly and scream in happiness. The others would too, with their great distaste for the guild. Na hindi ko pa rin magets hanggang ngayon dahil sumasabay lang ako sa trip nila.

Besides, Voldmir taught me to see what's interesting in their scowling faces.

Pero, naalala kong sinabi ni Solace na huwag kaming humanap ng away sa guild ni Astro. Feyre's incidents with them are already too much. And despite that, they still helped us travel to the North. We still owe them gratitude, kaya naman pinagbawalan kami ni Solace na magengage sa kanila.

Well, sana lang kaya ni Feyre iyon.

The guild is very much aware of her impatience and bad blood to the guild.

Kaya naman nagmouth ako ng 'I'm sorry' sa kaniya. Unlike my guild members, I don't take importance in my pride.

"Well, talaga ngang kakaiba ang mga members ng Oddcredibles." napabaling ako kay Luci nang magsalita siya. "We've always wondered what it is that makes your guild so interesting. The name? That's not the weirdest guild name in this game. Your guild leader? Well, she certainly is pretty and an amazing warrior. But-"