Part 18: Apologies

Clay POV

Clay had just woken up. He looked around him to see a bright, light grey sky. It was still raining but only soft rain. His nose was runny, Dream sighed as he knew he had catched a cold during the night. The sick man turned on his phone to see that it was 6h03 in the morning. " Wow, it's so bright for the time it is. God damn it, I'm sick now. Great. " He looked at his notifications to see if Sapnap or George had called him back.

Nick POV

Nick had been awake for the past 2 hours and now he couldn't sleep anymore. He was watching out the window again. George was still sleeping in the bed. Sap got scared when he felt his now charged phone vibrate in his hoodie pocket. He pulled out the electronic device and saw a number he recognised. " Wait..Clay that's you? Oh my god what happened to your voice? And where are you? " The boy looked for his car keys in his bag and ran to his car. He started driving in the same direction Dream walked in last night. The only hint he had to find his friend was that he was lost in front of a small forest with a stop sign near and a complicated street name.

End of POV

After around 45 minutes of looking everywhere, Nick finally found Clay. He didn't even take the keys away from his car and jumped in Dream's arms. " What is this place, why did you go here? " Dream was trying to pull himself away from the hug but Sap held him tighter and tighter. " Not that I don't want to hug you, but I'm so cold can we please go in your car... " The men walked and went inside the automobile. They both sat at the front and Nick wrapped his arms around his friend again. Clay could feel warm drops fall onto his shoulder. " I'm so sorry Clay. This is all my fault. All because of me. Only because I wanted to spend some time with George as I know it would be hard to see him again when we will leave. I didn't know he was supposed to be there in the beginning, I swear, but when I learned it, I couldn't help but often be with him. Sorry. " Dream was trying to get words out of his mouth but he simply couldn't. They stayed still for a couple of minutes until they finally decided to go back home.

Arrived at their safe place, the boys noticed George was awake. The poor boy was all shaky and he looked terrified. " George...what is wrong. " Clay tried to speak with the calmest voice to not scare him more. " I thought everyone had abandoned me. I started the day with Dary, you and Nick, I ended the night with only Nick and I woke up alone.." Dream approached his boyfriend but he was backing away. " I don't want to hurt you. It's over now. Come here. " This voice tone sent a cold sensation through both Nick and George's spines. The British boy was frozen there. Sapnap had to go take his hand and lead him to the tall man. The older boy felt weak. He didn't know if he should feel reassured or in danger. Before he knew, his small body was being squeezed by soaked clothes. " Forgive me. I'll do anything, even if I have to pay for therapy. "

" Your apologies mean nothing to me. "

-588 words
Damn we are getting close to the end. That's actually really sad, I enjoy writing this book.