(Solangelo) The Best Day of my Life

Will: We've been married for ten years now. We're going to tell you the story of how I married the most beautiful man in the world. Nico just elbowed me. Once upon a time, a long long time ago. . .

Nico: It wasn't that long ago, don't make me feel old!

Will: Ok, old man.

Nico: Just get on with the story.

Will: Once upon a time, a long long time ago. . .

I am walking with Nico. We'd been dating for about five years then, don't ask me how I convinced him to date me, and I am ready to pop the big question. Butterflies rose up in my stomach and I was so nervous I almost dropped the ring trying to get it out of my pocket. I pretended to tie my shoe and when he turned around I asked him. "Nico di Angelo will you-" HE clamped his hand over my mouth, blushing. He turned so red and fumbled with something in his pocket and he pulled out a ring too and knelt down. We both said yes and I picked him up in my arms and spun him around in the air, kissing him when he was back on the ground a tingling sensation in my lips. "I love you." I said into his ear. "I love you too." He said and gripped me tighter.

He stood there with his arms wrapped around my neck. "You're going to wear a skirt right?" I teased him. " If you wear a flower crown! " He said right back and kissed me again. We exchanged engagement rings, they were both silver, and headed back to camp where we announced the news. Apollo was so excited that he burst into haikus and kept giving us talks about pregnancy. One of his haikus was this,

"I have a great son,

He is getting married now,

I am very proud."

Another one was this,

"Early pregnancy,

Not ready to be a gramp,

Please use protection."

The only people more excited were Percy and Jason.

We decided to get married at the end of the summer before everyone went home in August. We also chose to write our own vows. So skip to the end of August when I was freaking out. Weddings are pretty stressful but I could not, for the life of me, write a nice vow that sounded right. I had gone through at least twenty different versions each worse than the last.

"Nico you make me so happy and I,"

No! I took a deep breath letting it fill up my lungs and decided to go find my fiancée. I found him sitting with Annabeth who had appointed herself the wedding planner (surprise surprise) and attempting to answer questions about the wedding. He looked at me with a look that pleaded for help. "Hey Annie do you think you could give me the list and Nico and I can work it out? It just might be easier with the two of us right?" She gave me a little glare and I felt kind of bad for not letting her help but handed me the list and stomped off muttering about blue dresses.

I sat down beside him and wrapped my arm around his shoulders. No matter how many times I kissed him or held him he didn't stop surprising me. Maybe that's what I should do for the vow? Just tell him all the little things. He nuzzled his face on my chest and cuddled up closer. I kissed him on the nose and we lay there for an eternity. An eternity later I remembered the list and sat up a bit. "We better do this before someone comes looking for us." I said sitting Nico up too. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Ok what's first?" I scanned the list and saw,

"Rings. Color, material, size, shape, jewels?"

Nico peered over my shoulder and saw it and snorted. "I don't want something fancy. It'll just get in my way. Unless you want a fancy one then of course we could definitely-"