𝘚𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘎𝘳𝘪𝘱

"How come you're decent at it when this is your first time gripping a controller?"

John and Remi were at his bedroom killing time playing video games as they wait for the weather to calm down.

"I never said that."

"You said that you've always wanted to own one though?" He raised an eyebrow.

"My brother owned one" She replied, "And we used to play together a lot"

"You don't play together anymore?" He asked, but suddenly, he noticed that Remi's character in the game wasn't moving at all. "Remi...?" He glanced over to her. Her face darkened, with her pony hair covering her eyes.

.

"He's not here anymore"

John paused the game, and took time to process it. Based on how she said it, he must've meant a lot to her. Not to mention that this was the first time he had ever saw Remi like this. "Oh... I'm sorry."

A pained face turned into a sad smile. A defence mechanic telling her to move on even if it hurts. "It's fine, really. It happened a long time ago."

But you looked like it happened just recently though. He thought, grieving for her.

.

.

"Hey, John" With a soft voice, she began. "You really remind me of him"

"I do?" Confused, he pointed at himself. "Me?"

Remi nodded, with a rather bright smile this time. I seriously doubt it. If she knew my past, she definitely wouldn't say anything close to that. Suddenly, the unusually bright moon shined over his windows, and they noticed that the rain has already stopped.

"I should probably get going" Remi said, as she stood up from the floor. "Thanks, John" She said as she was just about to step out the door.

-   Chapter 13   -

-   Chapter 13   -

A day later...