𝘈𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭

"I couldn't use my powers on him" Narisa asked her daughter, "Why's that?"

"You did?" It piqued Sera's interest. I thought it was just me, but mother also failed to freeze him. Can he maybe neutralize someone's power? "It didn't work with mine either"

"Is he... a high-tier?"

"The campus said that he's supposed to be as strong as me. But I don't even know what his ability is yet"

"What do you mean he's supposed to be as strong as you?" Narisa said with a demeaning voice. "Am I supposed to laugh?"

"You're saying you don't believe me?" Sera replied, "See, this is why we can't have nice things"

Narisa sighed, while shaking her head with a hand on her forehead. "Not only that todays work was already much of a headache, coming home to my daughter amplifies it"

"Well, feel free to leave if you want to"

"I'm staying. For one night" With an assertive tone, Narisa replied. "And I hope that 'John' isn't intervening your studies"

-   Chapter 17   -

-   Chapter 17   -

I'm too sleepy...

John tried his hardest to stay awake on his last class of the day. If his eyes happened to be shut for more than three seconds, he would've definitely fallen asleep. But then he remembered something...

Wasn't I supposed to cook dinner for Sera last night?

"That is all for today. Make sure to complete the assignment by the end of..."

Speaking of last night... what's up with Sera's mom?

.

.

"Uhm..."

A girl with a silky silver hair approached John. She handed him a can of soda with a light blush. "Do you want a drink?"