𝘐𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

With each step closer to him, the more nervous he becomes

With each step closer to him, the more nervous he becomes. His mind told his body to step backwards, away from her, only to be stopped by a wall. There was no escaping her gaze at this point.

"So...? Do you like me?"

She asked, with a somewhat condescending tone. How can she ask him with a straight face like that? It gave him a mixed feeling.

Should he just say the truth, or should he lie? What would happen if he said yes? What'll happen if he said no?

Countless thought went in his head. It felt like this was the hardest time he'd ever used his brain in his entire life.

John was still speechless, while the intimidating girl took one step closer, pressuring him to blurt out an answer.

ARGH!! Screw it! If she rejects me, I'll just act it out as if the whole thing was a fucking joke!

He felt like just running away from her. The door was just meters away, after all. But that'll only make him look stupid. John took the time to look at her serious face. He nervously gulped his saliva, and lowly answered....

"Yeah..."

-   Chapter 23   -

-   Chapter 23   -

For a tiny second, Sera raised her eyebrows, surprised by his answer, only for her to instantly go back to her serious face. She couldn't believe that he actually said it. However, Sera doesn't feel like acting all girly in front of him. She tried her hardest to keep her cool.

"I see..."

Huh...? W-what does she mean by, 'I see'?

Sera turned her back on him.

"W-wait...!" John called out to her, confused.

"We should really go back and finish the assignment—"

.

.

"Eh...?"

All of a sudden, she felt a hand gripping on to her left arm. Just as she noticed, she was suddenly pulled over by him.

Bam!

Sera found herself in an inescapable situation. She had his back to the wall with two of John's arms besides her shoulders, preventing her to move. This had happened before, when John's gotten angry over how Sera avoided him for days that day — and now — he's making the same face. It's like they just switched their dominance with each other.

"What do you mean by that...?" John angrily asked. "That's all you have to say?" The plan he had of him playing it out as a joke when it didn't go his way, was just thrown out the window.

"What... what else is there to say?" She nervously replied. Despite her question, she knows what she wanted to say. She just wasn't ready for it yet. Now that she knows John's feeling, she can at least wait when she is ready.

"Can you let go of me?" She said with her blue gaze.

The room went silent, and the atmosphere became heavy. Before he let go of his arms, he just wanted to know something first...

.

.

"What about you...? Do you like me?" He asked, staring back deeply into Seraphina's eyes. "It's only fair that I ask too, right?"

"Don't be stupid. We should really do the assignment" Sera still tried her hardest to avoid him. Even though he's two inches close.

"You knew that I cuddled you all night, but you didn't do anything to prevent it. Does that mean... you liked it?"

—!

Sera gritted her teeth with an irritated face — but what she didn't know is — she was actually letting out a blush.

"Am I wrong?" He continued.

She looked away from him. Sera was even more irritated. She regretted the fact that she did told him that she knew. She felt like activating her ability and just punch his guts in one strike to make him fall unconscious to escape this situation, but that would be too cruel.

Sera looked back to his gaze with a slightly raised eyebrows. "What if... I do?"

John's eyes widened. This definitely wasn't the answer he expected to come out from her mouth. And that face that Sera just made took his breath away for a tiny moment.

Now what? They just stood there, looking at each others puzzled faces. Does this mean that their feelings are mutual? What should they do from now on?

John tried to respond, but was just too flustered. He pulled off his hands from the wall slowly.

"Sera, I..."

—!

Sera raised herself, standing on the tip of her toes. She just let her body move on its own, and kissed him out of the blue, with her soft, delicate lips. All five of their senses were focused to each other for only, and only this moment.

The raven-haired still had his eyes wide open. He couldn't believe what the girl in front of him is doing. Even though this wasn't his first kiss, this was definitely the one he felt the most.

She kissed him long enough for them to keep their breaths to themselves, before pulling her pink lips slowly.

The time where they met with an intent gaze, dripped with spite, has led them to this very moment, was just unthinkable.

"S-Sera...?"

Sera looked away, hiding her embarrassment.

"I'm sorry" She lowly said. "I didn't know what came over me"

"I... I didn't think you would do that"

"I knew you wouldn't like it" She said, not confident in what she just did. "That silver-haired must've felt better—"

"No! That's not it!" He found himself shouting in Sera's living room. "You... you felt better" He just cringed at himself the second he said it. But that's not what Sera felt, instead, she felt this unexplainable feeling of relief.

John all of a sudden went in to attempt for a second kiss, but unfortunately for him, she instantly froze him with her ability. 

"Don't get too ahead of yourself" Sera said with a slight smug, "We have to do the assignment"

John was disappointed, not just because he just got full on rejected, but also because there was an assignment waiting for him. As he turned his body and walked to his laptop, he noticed Sera pulling on his sleeve

"Sera...?"

She didn't even look to his eyes, acting all embarrassed and innocent. "Tonight, can you maybe... do the same thing you did last night?"

-   Chapter 23 End   -