𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘴

There was Seraphina

There was Seraphina... walking on the campus' hallways as usual. She was already accustomed to the layout of this building, she could practically roam with a blindfold. Although probably only the political science part of the building, since she has no business being in the other departments.

There was something unusual about today, though. While she was walking by herself like she normally does, she felt a little bit more aware of her surroundings. Because if this was Seraphina from two months ago, she would walk nonchalantly—completely oblivious. Nothing could've ever distracther, like she was walking with a box closing her off from the outside world.

Now, she could hear, see, and maybe even smell—everything. She could feel many stares of guys on her. Some just looking out of reflex, and some for the purpose of checking her out. Even some that clearly had their girlfriends standing next to them.

Is this a good thing, though? She doesn't know. Maybe this correlates with the fact that she's been different lately, because of a certain someone. Anyhow, she doesn't care.

 Anyhow, she doesn't care

-   Chapter 27   -

While she could sense everything now, she just so happened to bump into someone. One of the least expected direction she would pay the least attention to, was the front. 

When you're someone like Seraphina, you could walk carelessly in the middle of the hallways with no one wanting to block you. So this came off as a surprise for her. Which means that—someone, was perhaps on a similar level with her.

"Sorry."

Even though she apologized, she didin't seem very apologetic about it. She wanted to continue her pace, but the guy in front of her just wouldn't move out of Sera's way.

He was so tall—that her head only reached about his chest.

"You're Seraphina, right?"

"..."

Even though Sera hasn't looked at the person's face in front of her, she just know that he had this nasty smug just from his tone.

"Daughter of the Head of the SIU (Special Investigations Unit), right? My name's Arlo."