Chapter-9

She read the details and was beyond surprised.
"How can I handle such big dealings... And that though with sir!" She whispered to herself.

"Miss Dixit we'll be leaving day after tomorrow for Delhi. And the conference is for 2 days, so pack your stuff accordingly. Though you're a fresher but your work was was very good in these few days. So I along with the panel want you to come with me in the conference. No doubt you'll learn new things! I hope I'm clear?
Sidharth explained her while she stood in front of him.

".. Yes sir" She said.

After a pause she asked, "Sir do you really think that I'm worthy enough to come with you for this conference.. I mean I don't have that kind of experience and.. "

Sidharth sighed.
"See I've been managing this company since 9 years. Obviously, decisions are taken very diligently keeping each detail in mind. You have that spark within you and that's why you're worthy to attend this. I know you don't have any previous experience but one has to start things at some point, right?" He said eyeing at her.

Sana nodded.
"So have faith and believe me you'll do well. Just have trust on yourself and it'll be alright!" Sidharth smiled at her.

"Yes sir. Thank you" Sana warmly smiled back.

She left his cabin and walked off towards canteen. She bought a meal for herself and sat at the corner chair alone.

While Sana was munching on her food, Shreya entered the place and saw her sitting quitely at the corner.

"Oh.. Hi" Shreya said in a sour tone.

"Hi" Sana responded keeping her food away and looking at her.

"Just got to know that you're going for a conference in Delhi with Sidharth sir!" Shreya spewed.

"Yeah. Just a while ago, he told me" Sana said with a calm tone.

"Congratulations! Madam is going in a conference with our office's Dreamy Boss! How does it feel like Sana?! " Shreya mocked.

"Can we talk later? Like I don't want to create a scene over here" Sana patiently replied.

"Oops! Scene toh tum dono ka chal ra hai vo bhi bahut alag!" Shreya bitterly said.

"Just shut up Shreya. Are you nuts? Did I do something to you? Why you're behaving like that? Please stay away from me if you dislike me so much!" Sana harshly said packing up her meal and stood up to leave.

"That's exactly what I want to say. Stay away from him. Tum jaisi ladkiyon ko vo bhavv bhi na de!" She spoke, venom in her voice.

"Tum jaise? Enough! Just get lost, I don't talk to such abusers!" Sana angrily replied and ran away  from there with the packet in her hands.

She was blindly walking and was so enraged that if someone came near her, she could have probably punched him.
She went towards her desk, threw her stuff away and held her face in her hands.
"Ye log mere bare kitna ganda sochty hai. Chii" She cried.

Nobody was present around her, as it was lunch time so all employees were at canteen to have their meals. She mentally thanked her lucky stars that no one could watch her like this!

Sana was silently sobbing. She couldn't hear such sharp words against her moral and ethics. It was the last thing that she would hear about herself. She sat at the floor against the desk and cried. Though she was very strong to tackle such situations but sometimes tears flowed down her face hearing such shit against her.

Sidharth was in his cabin working on his laptop. He saw the clock and finally decided to have his lunch too. He pocketed his phone, put the laptop to charge and went away. As soon as he came out, he heard soft whimpers. Since, others were not there, he could here those soft sounds and started walking at the direction from where the sound came.

After a moment, he stood in front of Sana's table and saw her sitting on the floor, hugging her knees and crying. He immediately went towards her and held her by shoulders.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Sana shook hearing his voice. She held her face up and looked at him. Her cheeks and nose were already pink, hair was a mess and eyes were full of tears.
She soon wiped her face and hastily replied, " Nothing..."

"Can you please share? No one will cry like this if " Nothing " happened." He held her by shoulders and genuinely asked stressing on the word "nothing".

She couldn't maintain that stern face for long and broke down again. She cried and sobbed like a little child.

" I.. went.. canteen.. to.. get my food... And there Shreya again.. " She loudly whimpered.

"Aree baba no... Please don't cry like this." He was now actually worried. He too sat down in front of her and held her with one hand and the other held her face, wiping away her tears.

"She..said that..i'm being very clever to be in your good books and aap aisi ladkiyon ko bhaav bhi nai dete" She finally said and cried again.

"What the heck! Sana I really don't know why she said this but please don't cry like this. Just see your face!" He anxiously said while stroked the strand of hair behind her ear.

"You need to calm down. Come with me" He helped her to get up and walked her towards his cabin. The food packet was lying at the table and he took them as it was kept on her desk. He made her sit on the sofa and crouched down in front of her while he gave her some water.

She gulped down the liquid and loudly sighed. He sat beside her and gently rubbed her palm as she was panting for breath.

"It's okay, it's alright" He cooed.

She was still sobbing but was better now.
Sidharth adjusted the cushion behind her back and she leaned against the seat, closing her eyes.

Few minutes later, she opened her eyes.

"This must be your half-eaten lunch, haina? He asked while he opened the packets for her.

" Haa" She said nonchalantly.

"So you must finish this now. Khane ki bhaut zaroorat hai tereko" He said and kept the packet in front of her.

She took a piece of roti and panner and and chewed it.
Sidharth watched her as she did so. A while ago, she was crying and now she was eating such adorably. His eyes saw that innocence within her.

"So you like panner?" He tried to divert her mind.

"I love it!" She exclaimed putting a piece of  cube in her mouth.

He grinned at her reaction.

"You look cute with those red cheeks and pink nose" He teased.

" I know aap mera mazaak udda re" She squeaked.

"Aree genuinely kaha" He chuckled.

"Whatever" She shrugged and continued eating and offered her food also to him  while she saw him, constantly gazing at her.

Sidharth sat beside her with his arms folded and eyeing at the girl sitting near him. He himself didn't know that why he cared for her like that or got too worried seeing her crying at that moment but whatever it was, it made him feel concerned and he connected with her in a different way. Not like the way he did with his other employees. A feeling of genuine care and concern aroused within him when he looked at her.

When you start to feel like you're missing out on life,remember a beautiful thing is already in store for you. You may not end up where you thought you were going, but you will always end up where you were meant to be. After all its, destiny.

Some of you'll guessed right about the mail in previous chapter and those who didn't, unknowingly you just gave me some creative ideas for future reference haha❤

Don't forget to vote for this chapter and do drop your thoughts about it.
Thank you💫