Chapter-3

Can someone edit a story cover for me? I'm actually very poor in editing and all so if you can please dm me or just comment here. It will be really helpful. Thank you and happy reading!

It was already 4pm and guests were about to arrive for Puja. Urmila settled the havan kund and all samgari which was required. She decorated the puja area with flowers with the help of Pihu. Sidharth and Rita greeted all the guests as soon as they arrived.

"Hi bro. All good? " Adi said while pulling Sidharth into a brotherly hug.

"Mhm. Seems to be"Sidharth muttered.

Ever since Naina left, Adi had been with Sidharth through all his up and downs and basically was the only trusted friend of Sidharth.

Soon the guests settled and Pandit ji started chanting mantras. All the family members stood their praying for Naina's soul.
Soon after the puja, parshad was distributed and Pihu grabbed the ladoos from her dadi. Adi too offered her chocolates which she took with a wide smile on her face.

.
At night, Sidharth was staring at the ceiling in the dark room while laying at bed. He was contented that how well the day went apart from his emotional turmoils. His thoughts soon ran over Sana whom he met today. He was definitely fascinated by her nature and behaviour. Not thinking much he brushed off his thoughts and dozzed off.

*** Next Day The sun was shining bright, up in the sky. The alarm rang. Sana woke up to the "tringggg" sound. She opened her eyes and blinked at the sunlight that was streaming through her window. It was already 7am. She sighed and sat upright rubbing her eyes and stretching her arms lazily until the reality struck her. Today the panel was going to announce the results!! This job was necessary not only for her but also for those children whom she loved so much.

She grabbed her phone and checked her mails. A notification popped up waiting for her to open and their she saw her name in the first row second column. The moment Sana read the entire message, she was already stunned!

"We are glad to inform that you have been successfully qualified for the approached job. To know the further details of your post, do arrive at firm by 8am. Wishing you all the best and we hope you'll meet our expectations. Good luck!"

She was jumping with joy and her eyes welled up realizing that she actually made up through. This was least she could expect from her bitter life. She texted Miseha hurriedly about her achievement and soon Sana cleaned up her small flat with one bedroom, one bathroom and a small living room. She freshened up and made some tea and toast for herself.

"Haye siyaapaa. Sana jaldi kar warna ye job hath se gaya" She spoke to herself while gulping down the hot tea.

After a while, Sana locked the door of her small flat and booked a cab to reach her "new working place". She couldn't deny the fact that somewhere or the other her mind couldn't stop grooving over her interviewer and now that she would work with him was like the cheery on the cake.

On the other hand, Sidharth was already ready. He had his breakfast, put on the socks on her little daughter's feet and drove towards Pihu's school after bidding a sweet goodbye to maa and Urmila.

"Papa aaj raat ko no typing on laptop. Hum sab ek disney movie dekhenge. Pleaseee" Pihu muttered hopefully while closely watching her father's face.

"But my princess is already sitting beside me. Toh au kisi princess ko kyu dekhna" He said stopping the car in front of huge gate and kissed her cheek.

"Aaj aaj ke liye pleaseee papaaa" Pihu futher insisted.

"Okay okay done" Sidharth grinned at her face and assured her.

Pihu fondly smiled at him, hugged him tightly and entered the gate not before giving him a flying kiss.

After a while, Sidharth reached his office. As soon as he entered, there was a weird silence at room. Actually, his personality was like that. His aura and temperament made people fear him.

He saw Sana sitting at the waiting area, not much to his amaze. She wore a pink anarkali suit with minimal makeup and her straight hair being half clutched, she looked extremely beautiful. Sidharth was gazing at her just when the receptionist informed that Sana Dixit was selected for the job and now she was here to get further details.

Sidharth nodded at her and instructed the receptionist to let her come in his cabin for a while and he himself marched towards the same. He composed himself and was looking at few files when there was a sudden knock at door.

Sana stood there with a nervous face and was soon allowed to enter his cabin.

"Good morning sir" She wished while sitting on the chair as instructed by him.

He simply nodded.

"So congrats for your new job" He said in much professional way closing the file.

"... Thank you sir" She smiled at him.

"Miss Dixit to be very clear we believe that our employees should do their best in the work. No silly excuses for any reasons are entertained here. The panel expects company's profit from their workers. You'll be working in this floor itself, just outside my cabin. The receptionist will help you with other things. These are just few points which I'm informing you. I hope you got it" He spoke eyeing at her.

"... Yes sir, I'll try my best.." She nervously replied.

She was about to leave when he stopped her midway.

"You seem to be different Miss Dixit. Prove yourself!" He said and gently smiled at her.

"I'll try not to disappoint you sir" She smiled back at him.

Sidharth was lost in his thoughts as soon as she left. He came across many people having various personalities but this girl seemed to be so pure and descent. Needless to say, he found himself being protective for her and felt at ease when she was around. He didn't know what the destiny beholds but this liking for her was something beyond explanation...

Meanwhile Sana was soon introduced to her co workers and she was already assigned with her first project.

"This accounting data is handled by Sidharth sir. You can go and clarify with him" Shreya one of her colleagues said when Sana enquired about her doubt.

She went towards his cabin and was allowed to come in, OBVIOUSLY.

Sana stood their with a laptop in her hand and hesitantly spoke,
"Shreya said that this particular data is handled by you... So I just came to clarify... "

"Sure. Please feel free to ask me" He fondly replied.

Sana moved the laptop towards him and stood beside bending over scrolling through some pages.

Sidharth could feel her smell and his mind lingered over the fragrance of her perfume. Sana could feel his gaze at her. She tilted her head towards him only to find Sidharth already staring at her. Their eyes met for a fraction of second when Sidharth was immediately distracted by a sudden phone call.

He disconnected the call as he wanted to help her first. He coughed and got back to work explaining her few points of the shares and dividends of the company.
Sana only heard him but her mind went back to the incident just happened a few minutes ago. She saw his lips moving and his hands running through his hair every now and then while he eludicated the specifics. She felt her heart racing by the close proximity between two.

He was already stealing glances and caught her smiling realizing that she was in her own fantasy world which was actually true.

They were so close yet so far. She stood their listening him. Correction, admiring him mentally until she felt a smack at her shoulder. She shook breaking her trail of thoughts!

And the story already completes 500+ reads. Thank you so much for reading my work. This actually means so much to me!! 💫

Please drop your views on this chapter. And hit the star icon if you liked it. Thank you❤✨