Chapter-5

Some miseries and pains shatters us to an end that we just keep their memories and those memories becomes a treasure for us. Memories are the only place we can visit those we've lost. Since memories are portable we can take our lost ones with us anywhere at any time.

Sana was sitting on the floor with the box in her hands, tears flowing down her eyes. She felt a sudden flush of emotions within her. Blood pulsed painfully in her throat, and her face grew warm. She was losing it again, a painful turmoil was raging within her.

"Jeet!" She gasped, weeping again.

"Sorry....I ..could...not ..save..you..that.day...Mai nai bacha payi tereko uss din... I.. I left... you... alone... Sorry... I'm a worst sister...please... maaf.. kar.. de... please! " She somehow managed to complete the sentence and broke down again. Her eyes were dark now and it seemed that she was remembering each second of that evening. Her heart was racing, she was numb.

She slowly tried to opened the box. Her throat tightened as she held that silver coated 'kada' (metal bracelet) in her hands. It was not only a piece of metal for her, but her most valuable jewel.

She kissed it and remembered how Jeet was fond of wearing kadas. And this one? It was too special. He was struggling for a last breath when he whispered the first thing that came to his mind, the kada. And his only wish at that moment was that that his didi keep this as his memory, never letting that kada go away.

By now, Sana's mind was filled with sorrows, flashbacks and all those dark thoughts which were enough to make her cry more. She held her head in her hands and sobbed. Pasts haunt sometimes, it kills us little by little, leaving the patches of sorrow in our soul.
The guilt and regret of taking away the life of her loved one ...her heart ached thinking of all these. Yet again she was fighting this inner battle all alone. She promised maa to keep him safe but she failed.

Sana was lying lifeless on the floor. Her deep thoughts consuming her all over again yet soon she dozed off still holding the bracelet in her hands.

.
It was a bright morning when Pihu once again was goofing around the house, tickling and playing with her father who was deep asleep. It was Sunday and she was in a playful mood. 

"oye aaj toh sunday hai itni jaldi kaise uth gayi?" Urmila asked while making morning tea for the others.

"Aaj papa ko pareshan karungi. Wohh hamesha mereko jaldi uthaty h toh aaj mai bhi same karungi" Pihu muttered wanting to take a revenge.

"Papa se revenge...!" Urmila chuckled after hearing her intentions.

"Yess" Pihu moved towards his room.

"Papa uthooo" Pihu ordered Sidharth while snatching away the quilt from his tight grip.

"Pihu please aaj sunday hai" Sidharth whispered while his eyes were still shut.

"Noo aap bhi mereko daily aise hi uthaty ho. Meri request aap bhi nai sunte tab. Ab aap bhi utho" She sternly spoke and tried to pull away the quilt with a greater force.

"Pihu please"

"Bikul nai"

"Pleaseee, bacha"

"No papa"

Sidharth finally gave in. How could he resist her commands? He sat up leaning against the headboard and pulled Pihu into his lap.

"Kya hua bacha? Itni ziddi kyu ki?" Sidharth softly whispered.

"Kyuki aap bhi mereko daily aise hi uthaty ho toh isliye badla aur aaj sunday hai toh aap games khelo mere saath, office ki bhi chutti hai" Pihu spoke cheekily.