Chapter-4

Sana shook breaking her trail of thoughts.

Life was not easy. It had knocked her down more than a few times and showed her the things which she really didn't want to see. And this job..? It was not just an income earning tool for her but to bring joy to hundreds of impotent children, so risking this was never an option.

.
"Are you even listening?" He asked
knowing well enough the reason for her distraction.

"S... sorry S... sirr"She stammerd apologizing.

"Hm. I will send the notes of this data later on" He spoke awkwardly and sighed while moving the laptop towards her.

"....Ok  sirr.." Sana muttered, embarrassment lacing her tone and stomped out from his cabin carrying laptop in her hands.

She mentally slapped herself thinking of the recent events.

"You got such a good job, try to benefit from it and not ruin the opportunity atleast!! " Her conscious awakened her.

.
The rest of the day passed by. Sidharth being busy in meetings, conference calls or talling stats. He eyed at Sana at times watching her work and they secretly stole glances at each other.

Sidharth texted his driver to pick up Pihu from school. It was just then he remembered that today they were going to watch movie together and no matter how much he was busy, he would never break his promise, especially to Pihu.

"Sir this is the file of Miss Sana Dixit. This was her first assigned task. So I brought it here for your approval" Abhay said handling over the file to him.

He leaned back in the chair and studied the file over the rim of his reading glasses. Each account was tallied scrupulously. Even he was astonished that a young lady of 25 or 26 could do such a thorough check. But he masked his expression quickly and allowed Abhay to leave for the night and handed over the file to him, nodding his head, signalling his approval.

Sana was beyond exhausted after a hectic day in office. She was nervous whether her boss will approve her file or not just when Abhay entered with the file.

"Hey Congrats, seems like you managed to impress sir with your first work" Abhay passed on the file with a warm smile.

"Was he satisfied...?" Sana asked anxiously.

"His expression said it all" Abhay said trying to make her believe.

Sana sighed with relief. She was very contented that her first project managed to get good remarks.

"Waheguru meher kare" She softly whispered.

"Oyeee hoyee Sana. Tune toh aaty hi toofan macha diya" Her other colleagues teased.

"Tumlog ne bhi meri bahut help ki. Thank you so much" Sana thanked them gratefully.

"Bahut party chal ri h yaha lagta h" Shreya entered and rudely spoke these lines.

"Yeah. Sana did a great job, you know sir... " Abhay was speaking when Shreya interrupted him in middle.

"I know! No need to elaborate so much. I myself advised Sana to take help from him and see she managed to impress him also so quickly. I think not her work but her innocent face did so.." Shreya smirked bitterly at her.

"Shreya stop being so salty every time. She's new here, make her feel comfortable at least and be courteous enough to congratulate someone for her success" Abhay ranted at her.

Sana gestured him to be silent. She moved towards Shreya and sighed.

"You were the reason why I was able to complete the project successfully. Thank you for your help Shreya. If you ever need my any help please feel free to ask. Sana said and softly smiled at her.