Chapter 10

". . .Acrylic?"

The gray tinted skeleton hummed in acknowledgement, only half listening as they worked on their creation.

"Why does it look like you're painting a pentagram?"

Acrylic choked as they quickly stood up, whipping around to face Error, they made an obnoxious gesture with both of their arms.

"It does not-" They paused as they stared at their painting on the floor.

"Huh, it does look like a pentagram."

Error raised a brow "Are you saying it shouldn't look like that?" Acrylic gave him an unconvincing innocent smile.

"Oh course!"

Error rolled his eyes with a snort, signaling Acrylic that he didn't believe them.

They huffed as they squatted back down, picking their paintbrush back up again.

"It just needs a few finishing touches then we'll be good to go!"

OoOoOo

The council room was packed full and loud, as many sanses and papyruses came to the celebration party. Everyone was just enjoying themselves in general.

Ink smiled as he watched all the skeletons from the side. He was sitting in a chair, swirling his drink.

The destroyer was defeated.

Things shall get more peaceful from here on out.

Ink smiled as he took a sip.

Now we just need to deal with the bad sanses, and they'll truly have peace.

His smile grew.

Just like it should be.

Ink glanced to his left as he heard someone take a seat next to him, it was Dream.

"Did you get tired out?"

Dream shook his head, leaning back "No, just needed a break."

Ink nodded in understanding since that was his reason as well.

Silence soon engulfed their conversation as they sat there looking out towards the crowd.

It took five minutes before one spoke.

"Still can't believe we won."

Ink patted Dream's back "I think we all can't."

"Yea it was a surprise, a good one tho."

Ink hummed in agreement.

"Feels weird thinking about how I won't ever see him again."

Dream leaned forward "Guess that's what happens when you're so used to seeing someone. But I think it's a good thing you don't have to see him anymore, us included."

"Yea, I guess you're right."

*CRASH*

"AHHHHHHH!"

Dream and Ink shot up from their seats and hurried over to the commotion, bringing out their weapons.

Killer was there, pining Color, Othertale!Sans, to the ground, holding a knife to his neck.

Horror was attacking a few other sanses who Ink couldn't name at the top of his head.

Dust was stalking over to a couple skeletons, sharp bones in his hands.