Chapter 8

Error was confused, how was Acrylic here? That was impossible. He decided to voice his confusion, Acrylic twirled one of his paintbrushes, something he did when he was trying to straighten out his thoughts so when he spoke it wasn't a garbled mess.

Error was struck with a horrible thought, he felt his legs get shaky cause this was just cruel.

"Well you see-"

"You're an hallucination, aren't you?"

Acrylic-The hallucination looked struck, their eyelights seemed to freeze from their every moving state.

"What? No I'm not-"

"Yes you are. It's not possible for Acrylic to be here, there's only Ink now." Error took a step back when the hallucination took a step forward.

"Buddy-"

"Shut up and go away, you're not real." Damn he's really lost it, huh? Arguing with a damn hallucination.

Error felt something poke his forehead.

What?

Error opened his eyes, he didn't realize he closed. The hallucination stood barely a few steps away from him, their hand hovering right in front of his forehead.

When did it get there?

Wait-

-Hallucinations can't touch you.

Error's eyes teared up as the realization settled in, the hallucination-no-Acrylic gave him a soft smile.

"Still believe I'm a hallucination?"

Error slammed into their chest, tightly hugging them. Acrylic gently patted their head in a rather soothing way.

"B-but how? When Fate restarted the multiverse everyone was different but they still have their coding from before, a-and Ink has your coding so how?"

Acrylic gave a snort "So that's the bastards name." They shook their head to clear the unneeded thoughts as they began to draw patterns on Error's skull, which he found very nice.

"Let's see. .oh okay." Acrylic sat them down on the floor as he began to tell his tale.

"Well good old crusty ass Fate decided that she didn't like how wonderful and clearly superior the original multiverse was."

Error snorted at that.

Acrylic lightly smacked the top of his skull "Oh shush you, it's storytime."

"Anyways, crusty Fate decided it was time for a full multiverse reset but since she still had some braincells at the time, she understood that she would need a god of creation but due to the rules she couldn't have two fully functioning gods of creation. So after she shredded the multiverse and threw you into isolation, she grabbed my not-so-happy skeleton ass and ripped half of my godly powers from me and created the copycat Ink, she then decided to put me into hibernation like I'm some fucking bear. Tho thank Karma she didn't take my SOUL cause that would've sucked, but I guess it makes sense she didn't since she didn't want a creator with compassion are any of that mushy shit to get in her way of inflicting her crusty old teen angst on everything."

Error stared at Acrylic, who took a unneeded deep breath

"Wow I forgot how much you talked."

Acrylic gave an offended gasp, they stared at each other for a few moments before they started to laugh.

After having a nice laugh, Acrylic adopted a thoughtful look.

"You know, technically me and Ink are the same person since we, ya know, have half of the same power and share the same coding."

Error shivered "Please never say that again."

"Agreed."

They sat there in silence for a while till Acrylic's fingers lingered on the spider-web like cracks on his skull.

"Say buddy old pal."

Error looked up only to shiver when he saw the sickly sweet grin on Acrylic's face.

"Who's living privileges must I revoke? Cause whoever did this-" they tapped the cracks "-deserves front row seats to Dusty Central."

Error sighed "Well it's a rather long list but you can start with Ink."

Acrylic was silent for a minute before lightly pushing Error off them, standing up and moving slightly to the side. Error raised a brow in confusion.

"What are you doing?"

Acrylic looked back at him with a closed-mouth smile.

"Well I figured that if I want to start on that list, we're gonna have to get out of here first."

Error stood up and shuffled over to where Acrylic stood "And how do you propose we do that? I already tried to make a portal but it didn't work."

Acrylic pulled out a paintbrush and a small container of paint.

"The Acrylic-way of course!"

"Why are we doing the Acrylic-way?"

Acrylic hummed as he began painting a circle on the floor.

"Cause it's fun."

"When we dust, I'm going to strangle your ghost all the way to hell."

Acrylic gave him a dry look "You make it sound like I'm going to heaven."

"Right my bad."

They chuckled for a bit before it turned silent as Acrylic focused on their task.