Ch. 4

Blaze's POV

"Why'd you get in so late last night," my mom asks from the same spot on the couch she's been in for the past 24 hours.

"I was out," I mumble.

"With who? Hope not some gold digger. You work too hard to be giving your money to tramps," she says.

"How could I give my money to anyone else when I have your ass mooching off me," I fire back.

"Hey," she yells. "Watch your mouth. I'm still your mother."

"Yeah well act like it," I say before grabbing my keys and walking out.

I hate my mother with every fiber of my being, but I still allow her to use me for money. She's always been a shitty parent. Growing up she was either drunk or high, sometimes both at the same time. I don't have one good memory of her and don't get me started on my fucking dad. He was always putting his hands on her because he was a fuck up. It only took him one time to try me and I pulled a knife on him. He never tried that shit again.

I never expected to get famous. I was just making music because it felt good. It's a different type of high for me. When my song went viral I was shocked and everything just happened so quickly after that. Some days I don't think I deserve any of this. There are some people who work their ass off for years waiting to get a break and mine just happened because of social media. Now I'm going to award shows and being nominated for shit. I have a number one single and my album is doing great on the charts. I have security and a team of people at my beck and call. It's absolutely insane.

"Hey you," my best friend Hanna says as she gets in my car.

"Hey," I sigh.

"Uh oh what's wrong? Your mom shitting on you again?"

"Pretty much. She's such an ungrateful bitch," I mumble.

"Don't let her get to you B. You're doing so good with this music stuff. Focus on that," she tells me. "Speaking of music. Are you fucking your idols daughter?"

I laugh. "Hell no! You must have seen those stupid pictures? We're just friends."

"Good cause she literally just turned eighteen," she informs me.

"Ok and? She's legal now," I shrug.

"Dude she's a baby. She hasn't even graduated high school yet and you would be graduating college if you were in school right now."

"I hear you," I roll my eyes. "Don't worry I've been on my best behavior. The last thing I want is for Billie to hate me."

"Correct cause she could ruin your career before it even really gets started."

"Ok mom I said I get it," I chuckle. "What should we eat?"

"Mm how about In and Out?"

I nod and drive to the nearest one and we order at the drive thru then park in the parking lot. These days it's not very smart for me to go into places alone during the day.

While we're eating I respond to a few emails from my team and send a text to Mya.

Blaze: Wyd?

Mya: in class 🙃 is this Blaze?

Blaze: Of course. Nobody else should be texting you.

Mya: lmao girl bye! Wyd?

Blaze: eating with a friend. What class are you in?

Mya: chemistry. I can't wait to be done with this shit.

Blaze: do you plan to go to college or are you going to be a influencer like all these other celebrity kids?