Ch. 17

Blaze's POV

"Blaze I need- oh crap sorry," Danielle covers her eyes after bursting in on me changing.

"It's cool," I chuckle. "We're just doing some fittings. What do you need?"

"I need you to um look over these changes to the press release. Your publicist is ready to send it," she says with her eyes still covered.

"Could you give me a minute?" I ask the wardrobe stylist as I slip on a pair of sweatpants. She leaves the room and shuts the door behind her. "You can look at me now Dani."

She removes her hand and smiles. "Sorry."

"Don't be," I smile and take the iPad from her. I read over the release then hand it back. "It sounds good. Tell her she can send it."

"Ok," she nods and turns to leave.

"Danielle."

"Blaze," she says at the same time as me and we both laugh. "You first."

"I'm sorry I almost kissed you," I tell her. Things have been weird since her birthday and I hate the thought of me making her uncomfortable.

"It's ok. I almost let you," she mumbles.

"I don't want things to be awkward between us."

"Me either. You're the first artist I've worked for and I don't want to mess it up or get a reputation for sleeping my way up," she sighs.

"I get that. Let's just forget it happened and go back to normal. Professional friends," I smile.

"Professional friends," she repeats and sticks her hand out.

I take it in mine and softly caress the back of her hand with my thumb.

"You know, I haven't seen you using in a while," she says as she stares at our hands.

"I guess I've been so caught up with this tour stuff that I haven't thought about it."

"That's really good Blaze. I'm proud of you," she smiles.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she blushes.

A knock at the door startles us and we pull our hands away. "Let me know if you um need anything else."

"Of course," she nods then let's the stylist back in and leaves.

We finish the fitting then I'm free for the rest of the day. Despite the massive blowup the last time we saw each other, Billie agreed to still mentor me. I'm going to meet up with her at the studio just to get some advice on tour and hopefully find out if she hates me more than before.

Mya's POV

"Where are you going?" I ask mama as she grabs her keys from the coffee table.

I've been watching crime shows with my mom in the living room to keep myself from going crazy in my room.

"To meet Blaze at the studio," mama says.

"Can I go? Please," I beg.

"No Mya," she says firmly.

"Come on. I haven't seen or talked to her since I went to New York," I whine.

"Do you expect me to believe that?"

"Billie just let her go. You'll be there with her," mom says.

She sighs. "Fine. Let's go."

"I need to change first. I'll just meet you there. I swear," I smile.