Ch. 8

Blaze's POV

"Hey," my mom yells from outside my bedroom door. "Who's in there?"

The doorknob shakes as she beats on the door repeatedly.

"Who is that?" Mya asks as she rubs her eyes and stretches.

"My mother unfortunately," I roll my eyes and get out of bed. I crack open the door and glare at the insane woman standing on the other side. "What?"

"Don't what me? What whore do you have in there? I heard her last night. Does she not know your mother lives here? That's disrespectful," she complains.

"You're living in my house remember? Who I have over here is none of your business," I shut the door again and lock it.

"I'm so embarrassed," Mya says when I join her in bed again. "I didn't think that was your mom."

"Don't be. She shouldn't be here anyway," I tell her. "You still want breakfast? There is a place that opened up not to far from here with some bomb ass French toast."

"Sure," she nods. "I don't have anything to wear but my dress from last night."

"I got you," I get up and find a hoodie and a pair of leggings for her.

"I didn't know you own leggings," she giggles.

"I don't. They're from the last girl I was fucking," I shrug.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm joking," I laugh. "They're my friend Hanna's."

She rolls her eyes. "That wasn't funny you asshole."

I just chuckle and throw on some clothes while she takes her precious time getting ready. I manage to get her out without running into my mom only to realize we can't be seen in public together.

"We can just get breakfast to go at one of these fast food places," she says as we ride around.

"I hate this," I sigh. "I mean I won't ever be able to take you on a date."

"Don't say that," she grabs my hand. "I like to be low-key anyway. It's fine."

It's not fine, but we don't have any other choice. I don't want Mya getting into anymore trouble so we just have to play it safe.

After getting her some food I drive her to her sister at some random house in the hills.

"I don't want to go," she whines. "I'm not done spending time with you."

"I know, but you have to baby," I kiss her lips. "I'll see you in a few days."

"Why not later?" she pouts.

"Because I'm meeting your mom later then I'm flying to New York for a few days."

"Oh ok," she sighs. "Text me ok?"

"Will do," I smile and watch her get out of the car and walk to the front door of the house.

I drive to Tino's to replenish my stash then grab some food before heading to the studio. I knock out a few hours with my producer before Billie arrives. At first I'm nervous to see her again, but I realize I'm an adult too and she can't boss me around. She might be able to control her daughter, which she can barely do that, but she for damn sure isn't going to control me.

"How's it going?" she asks once we're in the room alone.

"Good. I'm going to New York later tonight for some small show with a few music executives."

"Cool. I definitely remember those days. Hopefully it will be a good trip for you," she says as she pulls out her laptop.

"Oh it should be. I had some really good company last night so I'm in a good mood," I smirk. "And don't get me started on what I had for dinner."