Ch. 25

Maya's POV

The rain is pouring down heavily outside as I sit on the back patio of the facility. Everyone else is inside so it's nice and quiet out here. Leah's shift ended not too long ago and she was being weird about leaving. Maybe because Blaze is supposed to be coming soon and our last visit wasn't pleasant. Whatever the case, I convinced her I would be fine and that she should go home.

I wasn't sure if Blaze would even come back after I freaked out on her so I had Leah call and ask her. Apparently she immediately accepted so that's a good sign.

The patio door slides open and out walks an older nurse with Blaze close behind.

"Here she is," the lady gestures to me with a smile. "Let me know if you need anything."

She disappears back inside and Blaze joins me at the table just as the thunder booms around us.

"You sure you don't want to sit in your room?" she asks.

"No I'm good," I smile.

Now that I'm in a better head space I can actually focus on the girl in front of me. Her hair is now a darker blue, probably from being freshly dyed. She has a few new tattoos on her neck as well. The biggest difference is her body. I can tell she's in good shape and her arms are more muscular than I remember.

She nods. "Listen Mya I'm really sorry about last time. I wasn't trying to upset you at all."

"I know and I'm sorry for reacting the way I did. That was the first time that I had to address what happened to me and I wanted to pretend like no one knew about it. I was embarrassed," I sigh.

"I had no idea. I'm so sorry," she reaches across the table and grabs my hand. "Mya you don't have to be embarrassed. What happened to you was not your fault and someone should have been there to protect you. I should have been there."

I look into her eyes noticing they are filled with tears. "Blaze it's ok, really. There is nothing you could have done. I was so far gone I probably wouldn't have even given you the opportunity to help me."

She gives me a small smile. "How are you now? With everything?"

"Being in here makes it easier to cope. Even though I'm getting help it's almost like nothing exists outside of this place. I'm honestly scared for reality to hit me once I leave. All the people I've hurt, what happened to Mila, all of it will be very real when I'm back at home."

"But the difference is you are stronger now and you have so many people who are cheering you on. You'll have so much help now," she reassures me and I smile.

In the time that I've known Blaze I haven't known her to be this mature and wise. It's refreshing. "What about you? How are you?"

"I'm good," she smiles brightly. "I stopped using while I was on tour and got really into working out. I've been clean for six months now."

"Damn that's good. I'm proud of you," I tell her truthfully.

Her smile fades a little as something crosses her mind. She looks away for a second then sighs. "I'm seeing Danielle, my assistant. I mean kinda. It's not serious."

"Oh," I say in shock. It hurts a little to hear that, but I can't be mad. "I'm happy for you."

"I swear I wasn't seeing her when we were together," she clarifies making me giggle.

"It's cool. I believe you."

"A-are you seeing anyone?" she mumbles.

"Who would I be seeing in here," I laugh again. "I can't even use the Internet."