F I F T Y - T W O

Magsimula sa umpisa

Axel cracks his knuckles as he dreams up the best ways for Eli to squeal. 

"Wait! I'm the only way you're going to get your sister back! I know how to infiltrate them and I know their weaknesses. I'll tell you everything you want to know and more, but please! Thea, please. I have proof she's safe! I've seen her!"

I stare as Grayson drags Eli across my living room floor. Towards Axel, who would take Eli back to the pack house as a prisoner and do god-knows-what to him to get the information we need. I hear the squeaking of Eli's shoes as he grinds them into the floor in an attempt to find any bit of traction to keep him here. I hear his pleading and begging. 

Before I know it, I've already spoken.

"Wait."

I can't help but want to hear him out. If he has proof, if he can get to Evie, then maybe we don't have to trust him. Maybe we only have to trust that his survival instincts outshine his need to endanger the pack and Evie.

"You've seen Evie since they've taken her?"

Grayson turns Eli around. Eli looks as relieved as he can be while an Alpha's hand is around his throat. Axel looks disappointed that he may not be assigned to torture Eli. He scares me, sometimes.

"I've seen her." Eli reaches into his pocket slowly to show that he's retrieving something to show to us, not to kill us with. I let out a small sob when I see a little butterfly clip in Eli's hand.

"I took it from her when nobody was looking. I wanted to prove that I saw her so you would believe me when I tell you that she's unharmed."

Grayson grabs the small hair clip from Eli and hands it to a pack guard standing next to him. The guard then places it in my uninjured hand.

I remember when I bought this clip for Evie. We were shopping at the mall together when she dragged me into Justice. I griped and groaned at having to shop with her, but I secretly enjoyed spending time with her- even if it was doing something I dreaded. 

The clip was a last minute purchase. It was one of those items by the cashier that is positioned perfectly so that any little kid would whine until their parent annoyedly adds it to the pile. She liked how sparkly it was. Now, looking at the blue and purple sparkles that cover the clip, I know that I have to do everything in my power to get her back- to save my little sister from the heartless coven.

I angrily wipe away a tear and put the clip on the waistband of my pants. 

"If you're being honest in your intentions, then go ahead. Tell us how to get Evie back."

Grayson looks hesitant to conduct this type of questioning, but if we can avoid bloodshed and save time, then why not try to hear Eli out? 

"Only a few people can portal into the main house, me being one of them. If you take your hand off of my neck," he says carefully, "I'll tell you what I know."

"Not a fucking chance," Grayson growls, his grip tightening on Eli as his eyes darken in concealed rage.

"Worth a shot," Eli gasps as he tries to pry the wolf's fingers off of him. "The coven has been keeping up a front for many years. During the time when Samuel Dark was Alpha, the war between the coven and the wolves raged." 

The mention of Grayson's father didn't outwardly affect Grayson, but through our bond I could feel the sadness and rage at the mention of his father's name.

"Samuel severely weakened the coven- more than you even realize. There are two levels of magic a witch or a warlock can possess- offensive and defensive. Elle and I both possess offensive, which means we're the most powerful in the coven besides our leader, Elina. We're the only three with this type of magic."