EPILOGUE 2

Follow me on instagram @alexiarosebooks for character aesthetics and quotes from DSOTM and my new book MOAB (some quotes will be from future chapters that haven't been published yet!)

Thea's POV

The new year has come and passed. I can proudly say that I have been indoctrinated as Luna and have been doing some good for the pack. I was extremely nervous that I would do or say something that pinned me as the "human who didn't understand werewolf culture," but I was pleasantly surprised at how easily the pack supported and aided me as I learned the ins and outs of my new role.

Grayson was extremely patient with me, always explaining the little things about his job that I had to retrain my brain around. For example, one of his many responsibilities is overseeing the pack residence and keeping everything clean and up to date in terms of renovations. He oversees all of the food distribution as well, and he had to explain to me that werewolves eat WAY more than humans do, which I was aware of but not consciously thinking about. Something similar happened with the pack training equipment and the size weights that needed to be ordered. 

I try to help him with the boring paperwork involving everyday complaints and fixes around the house as well as the more difficult and interesting parts of being an Alpha of a very large werewolf pack.

We've had to deal with the fallout from the coven attack. Even today, there's still more formal meetings with some of the High Council members to talk about Elina, who is on the run.

After she kidnapped Evie and killed Eli, she portaled out of town and never returned. The few coven members still around are either in the pack prison or dead from the attack. Another difficult decision Gray and I have to make- what do we do with the remaining coven members? It's a sticky situation because we don't want to set them free to wreak more havoc and spread hate about humankind that could lead to a dangerous situation. We also can't keep them imprisoned forever. It's not right. They were raised with certain beliefs, it's not their fault that they didn't have a chance to learn another way.

I've been to the pack prison many times to check on the witches and warlocks in custody- there are eight total members left. They must feel so lost as their leader has completely abandoned them to fend for themselves in werewolf territory.

I spend time with the "prisoners," always making sure they have enough food and are treated kindly. Grayson doesn't love the idea of me going there so often, but I know it's what Eli would have wanted.

Eli grew up with these people, and as much as he used to say he didn't care about anyone, I knew these people were the only family he had. His horrible mother definitely wasn't family. She wouldn't have killed him if that were the case.

There are times where it hits me hard that I'll never see him again. I'll never make fun of him for his unethical behaviors, I'll never see his smile transform his entire face. He'll never get to use his magic to portal us to random cities like he once mentioned.

The worst part is that I never got to say goodbye. Elle took his body who knows where, and I haven't heard a word from her, either. 

I'm sure she's aware that the High Council is searching for her. Elle had threatened me and Grayson not to search for Elina because she wanted to be the one to kill her mother. However, we had to report the coven incident to the High Council and along the way they became curious about Elle. The werewolf representative, Andros, was particularly curious because he was worried about how I, our pack's Luna, was so easily attacked and injured by a powerful witch and warlock. He wanted to ensure this never happened to another pack.

With the Council's growing curiosity and wariness of Elina and Elle, I have become slightly frustrated. I hope the High Council doesn't lump the two witches together. They may be blood related, but their morals lie in different realms.