T W E N T Y - F I V E

Grayson's POV (lmk if you guys want more chapters from his perspective)

The past few days have been fucking torture. Actually, they've been worse than torture. Physical pain I can take. What I can't take is the love of my life looking at me like I'm a monster. Like I'm exactly like the creature that attacked her a few nights ago.

Just thinking about that disgusting vamp makes me want to kill it. I'm actually surprised that I haven't killed it already. Axel has been making me wait, hoping that by leaving it out in the UV lamps for a few days that it will be weak enough for us to question it. I say 'it' because the vamp is scum and doesn't even deserve to be considered a living being- which it's not.

Today I decided to stop texting Thea. I basically told her that I would leave her alone unless she decides to contact me- which means that I'm basically stuck being a creepy stalker for the rest of my life. I can't live without her, so if keeping tabs on her and watching her from afar is the only way to keep her in my life- and guaranteed safe- then that's what I'm going to do. As much as it pains me to leave her be, I don't want to cause more pain than I already have.

I'm so freaking mad at myself for scaring her. I shouldn't have shifted in front of her like that and I shouldn't have attacked the vamp so violently. Her beautiful hazel eyes should never have to see such bloodshed. She shouldn't have been targeted in the first place, and not knowing who sent the vampire sends a rage through my body and mind that can only be quieted by my mate- who's not comfortable around me. Oh, the irony of the situation. 

I clench my jaw tightly and ball up my fists in an attempt to control the raging beast within me. With intense emotions comes my body's need to compensate for it by shifting into my midnight black wolf- which would not help the situation. I cause ten times more destruction in that form, and my room is already a mess. 

Just looking around at the broken dressers, the seven holes in the walls and the torn comforter on my massive bed, I remember how many times I turned to violence to deal with my pent-up emotions. I need a release somehow, and punching bags don't help me at all. After a few punches I end up breaking them anyway, and feeling something shatter, tear, and break in my hands is so much more cathartic.

The best release for my anger would be holding Thea, my cute little mate. Just thinking about how she looked at me last- scared, broken, hurt-

In my rage, I end up punching an eighth hole in the wall. I let out a growl as my emotions don't subside like I want them too. A light yet persistent knock on the door alerts me that someone wants to enter my room. After gathering that it's only Axel at the door by his scent, I give out a gruff "come in," allowing him to enter.

Axel is one of the only people on the planet that can approach me while I'm angry and not face some sort of retaliation. Anyone else wouldn't be caught dead in my path when I'm trying to reel in my wolf. Once my body shifts into my wolf form, anything in my path is basically dead.

"Oh great, more holes," Axel smirks at my plaster-covered fist as I take deep breaths in an attempt to calm myself enough to respond. 

"Why are you here?" I grumble out, palming my now-injured hand. I don't even register the pain, the pain in my heart too great in comparison.

"Um, the entire house can hear the growling and the loud punching," he informs me. I don't even have the energy to feel bad. "You do realize that it's two in the morning, right?"

"I'm aware," I manage to say through my clenched teeth. If he doesn't leave me alone right now, I'm going to wrap my hand around his neck and-

"Want to go interrogate the vamp for answers?" Axel says, a knowing grin on his face. He knows that I've wanted to torture the fucker that dared to lay his disgusting hands on my mate, but the protocol for catching vamps is to give them a few days under the UV rays in the cells to weaken before we question them. Just like werewolves, vampires are extremely powerful and hard to kill. Not much harms them. The only way to kill them is by beheading them or tearing out their heart- just like us.