Once she realised that she wasn't going crazy, she ran towards him and pounced on him with her arms around him.

Keir grunted when her tight embrace inflicted pain on his wounds. Despite the pain, he hugged her, rubbing soothing circles on her back.

She sobbed out loud, now with tears mixed with relief and shock .

"Shh.. It's okay. I'm here now."

She pulled back and examined his face then his arms. There was one serious deep cut along his right forehead.

"I'm fine, Angel." He whispered, pulling her hand away from his face.

Her face relaxed but suddenly turned into an angry scowl. She slapped across his face hard in anger.

"Fuck!" He muttered, rubbing his cheek.

Confused by this sudden change, he held her arms trying to pull her close.

She pushed him away, her tears still flowing along her red cheeks.

He laughed at her pouty angry face, "Is this supposed to turn me on?" He joked.

"I waited for eight hours!" She yelled. "Eight fucking hours for any sign or message. I felt like dying-" The pain in her throat cut her from speaking.

"I can explain, Sel." He pleaded with his eyes.

She shook her head moving closer to him and wrapping her arms around his neck again.

"I hate you! I fucking hate you so much!" She mumbled in his chest.

He laughed, "I love you too but some first aid would be nice."

She pulled back, biting her lip in embarrassment. Here he was with the wounds and all she cared about was her problems.

She pulled him to the bed and kneeled before him with the first aid box in her lap.

She first examined his face and started cleaning the bleeding wounds with spirit.

He winced and pulled back, "Fuck! It burns."

She glared and held his jaw, pulling his face closer. He managed to pull out of her grip and lean back as the burn continued.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" She reproached.

"No." He denied it like a kid.

"Then bare with it. If I don't clean it, it will get infected." She ordered and dabbed the cotton along his wounds.

Once she cleaned them and covered the large wounds with some gauge, she placed a mirror in front of him to check.

"The gash on your forehead might need sutures," She said looking at the wound that she closed with butterfly stitches, "But these should do for now."

He gave her a grateful smile. Selene took his hands in hers and placed a small kiss on his hands, leaning her forehead on them.

"I don't know what I would have done if you didn't show up next minute." She whispered, almost to herself.

He pulled her chin up to face him, her defeated look and drained face hurt more than his injuries .

"What would you have done if I didn't show up?" He asked in confusion.

She shook her head smiling and got up. She leaned back over the bed, feeling her stiff muscles relax over the soft mattress.

Keir looked back at her relieved face, "I hate that I'm your weakness." He said after a moment.