10

"Pick them up for me, will you?"

Jeongin felt his blood boiling. He screamed with rage and kicked Hyunjin in the stomach casing him to fallback into a couple of desks. The whole class began cheering them on in their fight and grouped around to see.

Hyunjin wouldn't let that kick hurt his ego, so he stood back up and threw a punch at Jeongin. Jeongin felt his teeth cut into the flesh of his cheek and blood began pooling in his mouth.

"BOYS!" They turned around and saw their maths professor, standing at the doorway, clearly furious. The class scrambled to their seats as Jeongin tried to wipe the blood on his face, quickly.

"What on earth are you doing?" She glared at them. "Well? Does anyone have an answer for me?" When everyone stayed silent, she sighed and told them both to sit down.

Jeongin was tense the whole lesson. What was he going to do now? He doesn't have his homework and it's not like she's planning to let him off. Should he make up an excuse, or tell the truth? Or just stay silent?

Halfway through the lesson, whilst the class were busy working through some questions, she began going around the classroom, asking for homework. She came to Jeongin and he shook his head.

"I don't have it." He muttered. He heard a snigger from Hyunjin's direction. She raised her eyebrows and sighed at him.

At the end of the lesson, Jeongin could swear that he could pass out any moment.

"Alright!" The professor yelled over the noise of the students packing their belongings. "Hyunjin and Jeongin stay seated. The rest of you can leave."

The class rushed out to go home and their professor closed the door.

"Now, before anything else," she said, "does someone want to explain what I saw when I walked in at the start of the lesson?"

Jeongin kept his gaze fixated on the desk. It was silent then he heard Hyunjin standing up and felt him sit on the seat next to him. Jeongin resisted the temptation to look up.

"Sorry miss, I couldn't hear you properly." He smiled. "Me and Jeongin had a small argument." He put an arm around Jeongin, pulling him close. "Isn't that right, Jeongin?"

Jeongin was tense. His hands felt sweaty and Hyunjin pulled him even closer. Should he say no? But then what would he say after? But it wasn't true. He couldn't submit to Hyunjin so easily. He couldn't give him the excuse he wants. But what other option was there? If he told her then it would blow out of proportion. His mother would be called into school and-

"Jeongin?" Said their professor.

"Um.. yeah it was just a small argument." He whispered. "It won't happen again, I'm sorry."

She clearly didn't believe him, but decided to move on nonetheless.

"Ok, next time please don't bring your personal matters into the classroom." Hyunjin stood up, ready to leave the classroom. "Stop right there." She said, holding a hand up. "You both haven't handed in the homework that was due."

Hyunjin groaned and sat back down. Their professor rolled her eyes and turned to Jeongin.

"What's happened? You're not usually like this."

All Jeongin could do was look down and whisper another excuse for something that was Hyunjin's fault.

"And Hyunjin? What about you?"

"Oh, I just didn't do it." He grinned. Their professor gave him a disapproving look and put two sheets of paper in front of them.

"Well you both can do it now. And you're not going to leave until it's completed." She said, and went to sit at her table at the front.

Jeongin quietly began doing the work in front of him whilst hyunjin was scribbling furiously beside him. In less than five minutes, Hyunjin stood up and proudly handed his sheet to their professor. He was at the door before he was called back.

"Hyunjin," she sighed. "When I said complete it, I meant to a high standard. Not that you can just write anything and leave."

He groaned and sat down once again. She handed Hyunjin another sheet, but this time he just sat there and didn't try.

Whilst Jeongin was stuck on a particularly hard question, their teacher got a call. She stepped out of the classroom, leaving them both alone together.

"Jeongin." Hyunjin called in a mocking tone. "Help your friend out a bit here."

"Friend?" Jeongin asked, incredulously. "You lost the right to call yourself that a long time ago."

"Aww, come on. Don't be so harsh on me."

Jeongin just moved himself a tiny bit further away from Hyunjin and tried to get his head around that question.

"Ahh Jeongin, there are two types of people in this world." He leaned back in his chair and Jeongin silently wished he would fall. When Jeongin stayed silent, he continued. "Losers and winners. You," he pointed at Jeongin, "are a loser. And I'm a winner."

"Oh yeah?" Jeongin challenged, suddenly feeling enraged.

"Yeah." Hyunjin moved closer. "That's the difference between me and you."

"If you're what a winner is like, I'd rather be a loser."

Hyunjin didn't say anything after that for a while, then spoke up again.

"So," he said "what's going on between you and that Jisung boy?" Jeongin perked up at the mention of Jisung.

"What's do you mean?"

"Well," he was dragging it out as long as he could, "you're both of the same type, no?"

Jeongin clenched his pen, tight in his fist. "What are you trying to say, Hyunjin?"

"You're gay. He's gay. I mean I don't think it's any coincidence."

"Hyunjin!" Jeongin turned to him, furiously.

"Ok boys, where have you gotten to?" Their professor asked, as she walked back in.

"I'm finished." Jeongin said, holding out his paper.

"Well done, Jeongin. You can leave now." She smiled. "Hyunjin, You need to speed up, otherwise you'll be here all day."

Jeongin grabbed his bag, went to the door and looked back at Hyunjin's laughable expression.

"That's the difference between me and you." He said and left.

Im sorry this chapter was kinda uneventful and short  😔
But now I'm isolating I'll have more time on my hands to write so... I guess isolation isn't too bad. 😆