39

As soon as Jeongin walked in and saw Hyunjin, he felt his heart shatter at the sight. Hyunjin was lying unconscious, with multiple bandages on his body. No one could deny that he was definitely hurt, but Jeongin couldn't help but think that Hyunjin looked somewhat peaceful. If what Hyunjin's father said was true, Jeongin couldn't imagine what kind of things Hyunjin went through because of him, because he didn't stop to think. 

He walked over to the bed where Hyunjin lay and sat down beside it, taking one of Hyunjin's hands in his. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered. 

When Jeongin walked into the room, the atmosphere out in the corridor was tense. Everyone could tell how furious Hyunjin's father was, worrying that he might snap at any given moment. It didn't help that Minho was across from Hyunjin's father, glaring at him, while Jisung held onto his arm, hoping that he'd calm down. 

Minho shook Jisung's hand off of his arm and sat down in one of the chairs. Jisung sat down beside him, putting a hand on his shoulder, comfortingly as he quietly whispered.

"Are you ok?" To which Minho nodded. Jisung sighed in relief, thinking that finally Minho had cooled down. 

Jeongin's mother stood from afar watching them, how Jisung cared for Minho. It was more than obvious that these two were more than friends. Anyone would be able to notice it and it seemed that Hyunjin's father had noticed it too. 

"I bet it was you two." He said, breaking the silence. "I knew you were a bad influence from the moment I met you." He said, pointing at Minho. 

"Bad influence?" Minho scoffed, standing up. "I'm the bad influence? So, then why weren't you there to show him how he 'should be'?" He asked, sarcastically. 

"Stop changing the subject and just admit that if it weren't for you and your disgusting relationship my son would be normal!" 

"And what's your definition of normal, Mr. Hwang?" Jeongin's mother stepped in, unable to stay silent any longer. "In my eyes, Hyunjin is completely normal." 

"Don't you get involved, woman." Hyunjin's father said, turning towards Jeongin's mother, his eyes wide. "You have no right to try and teach me how to parent my child when your own is like that!" 

"My son has done nothing wrong!" She raised her voice. "Why are you so against them being together? Do you really not care about your son's happiness?" She asked him. Although she had spoken pretty calmly, her words had a big effect on Hyunjin's father. He paused and looked away from her for a moment.

"This isn't happiness... He's deluded after spending time around people like them!" He pointed towards Minho and Jisung. 

"People like us?" Minho asked, incredulously. "It's not like gay is contagious or something! Hyunjin chose for himself, so, instead of playing the father role now, why don't you just respect his choice and leave him be?" 

Hyunjin's father clenched his fists and ignored what Minho said. 

"Once Hyunjin's recovered, I'll be taking him to the states with me, away from all of you people." He said, which surprised everyone, including his wife. 

"Wait, you haven't brought that up before." She murmured. 

"I don't care." He replied, cold heartedly. "You've seen what Hyunjin's become. No matter what, he's coming with me."