22

"Why do you care?" 

Hyunjin knew exactly why he cared but he didn't know if he should tell the truth. 

"Because... You were my friend, once upon a time." Although that wasn't the reason Hyunjin had in mind, it was partially true. He does miss the past, and endlessly wishes to put thing sback how they were. However, he knew that what he did was something that drove a permanent wedge in their friendship. 

"That's not enough." Jeongin said, simply. 

Hyunjin kept his expression calm, despite the war that was going on inside. Should he tell him? But what if Jeongin doesn't feel the same? There's no way he would. Their friendship was already in pieces, this couldn't really mess it up anymore than it's current state. 

Taking a deep breath, Hyunjin confessed. 

"I like you." 

Jeongin froze, speechless. He didn't expect that to be Hyunjin's answer, at all. What was he supposed to say? 

He became more nervous as Hyunjin moved closer to him, eyes fixated on Jeongin's lips. For some reason, Jeongin didn't find himself protesting as Hyunjin leaned in and pressed their lips together. 

For a while, Jeongin stood there like a brick wall, but soon, he began kissing back, losing himself in Hyunjin's lips. He felt Hyunjin's hand snake into his hair, pushing his head further into the kiss as Jeongin wrapped his arms around Hyunjin's neck.

They broke apart, breathing heavily and Jeongin suddenly regretted this. He shouldn't have kissed Hyunjin back like that. Yet, he didn't try to stop when Hyunjin moved back into a kiss. Why was he giving Hyunjin false hope like that? After everything, how could he like Hyunjin? The Hyunjin who hurt him countless times. The Hyunjin who he had once wished to erase form his memory. 

Suddenly, Jeongin's phone began ringin from his pocket, causing them to pull their lips away from each other. Hyunjin's face was still as close as ever when Jeongin picked up the call. 

"H-hello?" He said, trying to keep his breathing steady. 

"Jeongin?" His mum answered from the other line. "When are you coming home, sweetie?" 

Shoot. Jeongin hadn't even noticed that he was supposed to be home 20 mins ago. Trying not to pay attention to Hyunjin breathing lightly near his neck, he replied. 

"I'm on my way.  Don't worry, I'll be there soon."

He ended the call and gently pressed his fingertips against Hyunjin's chest, signalling to him to move away. Hyunjin didn't and, instead, tried to move his lips back to Jeongin's. But, Jeongin turned his head away. 

"Stop." He pushed Hyunjin away completely and quickly left, before Hyunjin and he could continue the conversation Hyunjin had started earlier. 

He ran out ignoring Hyunjin calling his name. 

As he exited, the cold air hit him in the face. For some reason, he hesitated and thought about going back, but in the end ran home. 

When he got home, everything that happened at Hyunjin's house replayed in his head, like a dream. Everything just went wrong. 

"Why!?" Jeongin cried, through gritted teeth, banging his head against the front door. 

"Jeongin? Are you home?" His mother came out from the living room.