40

Jisung woke up in Minho's bed and immediately began feeling around for him. When all he could feel were bedsheets, he opened his eyes to see that Minho wasn't there. Confused, he propped himself up on his elbows and looked up at the clock that was resting on a shelf because Minho was way too lazy to put it up. It was 7:30 AM? Minho would never wake up that early. 

Sighing, Jisung heaved himself out of bed to see where Minho had gone off to, praying that it wasn't something dangerous or illegal. Although he and Minho were on good terms, he could have some doubts. 

He walked out and immediately began smiling like an idiot, his heart feeling warm. Minho was standing at the kitchen counter, trying to draw a smiley face on an omelette with ketchup. Minho heard Jisung and quickly hid the ketchup behind him and pretended as though he was doing nothing. 

"You're awake?" He smiled, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. 

"What are you doing?" Jisung asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I...I made this for you." He said, gesturing to the omelette on the counter. Jisung looked at it and held back a laugh. The smiley face was incomplete and, because Jisung had crept up on Minho, instead of a smile, there was a line of ketchup dragging along the omelette, onto the plate, and a little on the counter. "I thought you were going to wake up a little later, otherwise I wouldn't have..." 

"I love it." Jisung said, which made Minho sigh with relief and smile. "Let me go wash my face and everything and then I'll see if it tastes as good as it looks." 

Jisung quickly ran off to the bathroom and washed up, checking if he looked decent in the mirror, before re-joining Minho at the kitchen counter.

Jisung reached for the fork to eat the omelette, but Minho snatched it out of his hand and stabbed a piece of the omelette, holding the fork up to Jisung's mouth.

"Say ah." Jisung rolled his eyes at Minho, but did as told. "Is it good?" Minho asked, expectantly, and Jisung nodded. Truth be told, it was a pretty damn good omelette. 

So, as expected, Jisung and Minho sat together and ate the omelette, feeding each other bites every now and then. Afterwards they sat together on the couch, Jisung curled up and resting on one of Minho's arms, as they both scrolled through their phones. It had been a long time since they had just sat together, since they both had exams coming up and Jisung wasn't at Minho's house that often. It didn't help that they were both concerned with Jeongin and Hyunjin's problems as well. 

As Jisung sat there, he began thinking. How did they end up like this? Minho was someone he had loved and hated at the same time, for as long as he can remember, and Minho hated him as well. In fact, he was sure that Minho wished him dead, ever since the rumours began spreading around. How did their hearts change so suddenly? 

"Minho?" Jisung said, turning his phone off.

"Hm?" 

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go on." Minho said, putting his phone down to show that he was paying attention. 

"Why did you hate me so much?" Jisung realised that the question sounded pretty dumb out loud but he really wanted an answer. 

"I was hoping you'd forget about that." Minho sighed. 

"How could I forget that?" Jisung asked, incredulously, smacking Minho's chest, not too hard of course. "Do you know how much you hurt me back then? Yet I still liked you." He grumbled. 

"Well, because..." Minho tutted, rubbing his forehead in distress. "There's no way I can really defend myself on this one."

"Tell me." Jisung said, looking at Minho with pleading eyes. "I won't be mad. I promise."