4

"Jeongin!"

Oh no. Here she comes again.

Jeongin knew that it was stupid to give ChaeRin any sort of hope when he was clearly not interested at all, but he didn't want to upset her. Now, he has to deal with her following him around and trying to help him at any given moment.

"Hi ChaeRin." He forced a smile, as she placed a plastic bag on my desk.

"I got you breakfast. I know you don't usually eat breakfast." She explained, fiddling with her fingers in front of her skirt. Jeongin laughed awkwardly.

Then, in the loud chatter of the classroom, he heard Hyunjin's voice.

"Hey Jeongin!"

'Please, my dear friend, save me from this awkward situation.' He thought.

Hyunjin stopped and his smile faded. Jeongin looked at him, confused as to why he wasn't trying to help him out. Hyunjin was looking at the plastic bag on Jeongin's desk, holding two cereal bars. He quickly put the cereal bars in his pocket and sat down in silence.

ChaeRin stood awkwardly in between their desks for a brief moment, before proceeding to try and feed Jeongin breakfast. After suffering through some bread, Jeongin looked over at Hyunjin and the two of them made eye contact. Finally, Hyunjin got up and walked over to Jeongin's desk.

"ChaeRin, I'm sure he can feed himself." He sighed, "you can go."

She gave him a weird look, but still walked away to her desk at the front. The bell rang and Hyunjin sat at his desk, without a word.

Jeongin slammed his book shut and stretched in his chair. Finally, the lesson was over. He got up and put and arm around his sulky friend.

"Hey, cheer up." He said, patting Hyunjin's head. Hyunjin's frown immediately turned into a cheeky smile as he pulled Jeongin into a headlock and ruffled his hair. Jeongin squealed and wiggled his way out.

"So, you're ok now?" He asked, as Hyunjin stood up.

"Who said I wasn't?" He put an arm around Jeongin and steered them both out of the class. Jeongin grinned. Thank god. If he didn't have Hyunjin, he would be left with nothing.

Whilst walking, Jeongin stumbled on his own two clumsy feet and held onto Hyunjin's hand that was over his shoulder tight, to avoid falling. Hyunjin, reacting fast, pulled Jeongin towards him. The two were in an awkward embrace. Jeongin's face flushed red, embarrassed, but Hyunjin seemed to find the situation funny and began laughing.

"W-whats so funny?" Jeongin quickly shook Hyunjin off.

"We could be in a K-drama at this point!"

"What bullshit." Jeongin grumbled, walking away. Hyunjin grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back.

"Aww, don't be sad." He said, ruffling Jeongin's hair once again. "Besides you look cuter when you smile." 

"I'm not cute." Jeongin said, secretly smiling, as Hyunjin began to argue back.

"Yes, you are! You're the cutest person I know."

Jeongin rolled his eyes, before he stopped upon hearing a familiar voice.

"I think Jeongin is really handsome." ChaeRin was walking beside them.When did she even get there? Jeongin sighed and looked at Hyunjin, who had an annoyed expression on his face.

"I...uh thanks."

ChaeRin smiled, widely, as she held Jeongin's upper arm. Then, the bell rang. It couldn't have been better timing. Jeongin slyly slippiest his hand out of ChaeRin's grip.

"Well, we better be off to class, huh?" He said, apologetically. "See ya." He grabbed Hyunjin and practically ran to his classroom. He had never been so eager to learn.

After the lesson was over, Jeongin rested his head in the table. That was until he spotted someone coming towards him. Guess who?

"Ahh... ChaeRin.." he said, trying his hardest to act happy.

"Jeongin, I wanted to know if you wanted to pair up for the homework." She asked. What homework? Jeongin didn't remember getting any homework that required being in pairs.

"Uhh... what homework are you talking about?"

"Oh, the chemistry homework. I asked Mr Park if we could pair up."

"Of course you did." Jeongin mumbled, quietly.

"So do you want to come over today or maybe tomorrow?" She asked, hopefully.

"Uhhh... ChaeRin, you know I would love to but I'm pretty busy, so I might just do it by myself when I have time. I hope that ok." Jeongin said, thinking of lies on the spot. "Besides, today and tomorrow I'm doing something with Hyun...jin." He looked over at his friends desk to see that he had already left... without Jeongin.

Forgetting about ChaeRin, Jeongin got up and rushed out of the door to see if he could catch Hyunjin. It was raining heavily outside and Jeongin had forgotten his umbrella. What great luck.

He ran around different streets, trying to find his friend. Instead of finding him he ended up home drenched and freezing. His mother looked at him, horrified, before drying him with a towel and wrapping him up in a warm blanket.

He unlocked his phone and went to messages. He texted Hyunjin and prayed that he would get a response.

Innie
Hey, where did you go?

Hwang Prince
We need to talk.

Oh no. Those words never meant something good. Did Jeongin do something wrong? He spent the rest of the night, worried, trying to figure out what it was that had happened.

Ooh it's getting interesting