19

Hyunjin walked out of school, hand in hand with ChaeRin, regretting his agreement to take her out on a date. In less than a week, she'd managed to come up with about a hundred nicknames for Hyunjin, which he didn't even think was possible. 

In the crowd of students, Hyunjin noticed Jeongin. He watched Jeongin walk over to a car, with a smiling, good looking guy was stood. Hyunjin almost bumped into someone as he saw Jeongin hug that guy. Was that his boyfriend? No, it couldn't be. It was probably just a friend, right? But Hyunjin couldn't shake the fact that the guy being Jeongin's boyfriend was a possibility. 

ChaeRin dragged him to a cafe, which Hyunjin recognised immediately to be Jeongin's favourite cafe. He suddenly remembered all the times Jeongin would take him there during high school and, for some reason, he was hesitant to go in. Of course, he was dragged in anyways. 

As he sat down, he tried paying attention to ChaeRin's constant talking but just couldn't focus. Every bit of him would rather be somewhere else. He found his mind drifting off to the many memories he and Jeongin had made in this place, until he was snapped out of it by the staff trying to take his order. Without realising, he ended up ordering Jeongin's favourites. Oh well, he wasn't going to eat it anyways because ChaeRin was. Every time they went anywhere, she'd order barely anything, only to end up eating Hyunjin's food. 

"...Come on, do you really think Hyunjin asked that girl out because he hates you?"

Hyunjin's ears perked up when he heard his own name being said at another table. 

"I think he did it because he cares. Otherwise, why would he go after the girl that tore you two apart? It makes sense."

He looked up and saw that it was Jeongin sitting at that table. He was with that handsome man from before. What were they talking about? Suddenly, Jeongin looked up and they accidentally made eye contact. Hyunjin froze, but Jeongin looked away quickly, pretending that he hadn't seen anyone. Why was it that, in that one second, it felt as though everything stopped? 

ChaeRin noticed that Hyunjin wasn't paying her his full attention and called him by one of the horrid nicknames she had for him. 

"Hyunnie bear~" She whined. "What's wrong?" 

"Huh? Oh, nothing." He smiled and she continued talking. Hyunjin was still deep in though, not bothered to listen to her pointless story about how she and another girl fell out after wearing the same thing to a party. 

He was more concerned with that guy who came with Jeongin. For some reason, he felt hurt that Jeongin brought another guy here. No, he was being dumb. It's not like Hyunjin was special to him or anything. But he still wanted to know who that guy was and why he had to be so damn handsome. 

Hyunjin spent a while contemplating whether or not to say something to Jeongin, but he just couldn't work up the courage and watched as the other guy placed his arm over Jeongin's shoulder and led him out and into his car. The whole Time Hyunjin wanted to jump up and say something but, he couldn't. He didn't know why but, he lost his immature confidence at that moment. 

Later on in the evening, Hyunjin met up with Minho. He didn't feel like being alone at home so he told Minho to meet him. Immediately, when he arrived, Minho could tell something was wrong with Hyunjin and was debating whether or not to ask. Eventually he did. 

"Whats wrong with you?" He asked, with no answer. "Ah, let me guess. Was it Jeongin?" 

"Shut up." Hyunjin said, as Minho laughed.