six

I threw my weight against the revolving door and spun out into the fresh air. There was an uproar in the lobby, men shouting. The guards that were with us blocked the guards that were with Sana's Mom who helped us exit the building successfully.

Once outside, I looked to my left and right, scanning the streets near. I was alarmed. "Take a cab or make a run for it?" I asked myself, my heart beating rapidly. I chose the latter.

As if by reading my mind, Sana took the stairs. We ran across the street holding each other's hands tightly. Looking in front of us, an automobile stopped in the corner of the street. The car window opened and Jihyo unnie stick her head out the car window in the passenger seat. "Tzuyu! Over here!" She yelled. Sana and I ran as fast as we could.

"Stop!" Someone growled behind us. I turned my head and looked behind. My eyes widened in shock upon seeing several guards sprinting towards us. I gripped Sana's hand tighter. "Just keep running, we're almost there."

"I'm going to do my very best not to stop." Sana responded. "This feels like we're in an action movie." She said, panting.

Nayeon unnie got out of the car from the back seat. She stood beside the open car door, waiting for us to get in first.

"Hurry!" She shouted.

The steady thump of my footsteps echoed in my ears and I felt a bead of sweat roll down my forehead. We let Sana hopped in the car first then Nayeon unnie followed. I stepped my left foot in the van, my upper body halfway inside. I felt a hand gripped my right leg.

The guard looked at me. "Do you think you can escape that easily?" His mouth was slightly curved in a mocking smile.

With all his strength, he pulled me by my leg then Sana screamed. Nayeon unnie grabbed my left hand and I slightly turned my body to right so that I can sit. I leaned my back against Nayeon unnie and she wrapped her arms around me.

"The rest of them are near! Sana! Here!" Momo unnie tossed a little perfume bottle at Sana.

Sana got up from her seat and positioned herself beside me. She lifted the bottle directly onto his face and pressed down hard on the spray. The guy let go of my leg and grabbed instinctively for his stinging eyes. I mustered all my strength and kicked him hard on his face. He fell down and I closed the sliding door with a haste.

 Momo unnie started the engine and drove, I took a deep breathe.

"I thought you already left. When those guys made a dart towards us, I panicked. It was insane but it was worth it because finally, Sana's here with us." I said, my eyes never leaving Sana's.

"Thanks everyone for helping me. I missed you guys." Sana smiled.

God, I miss her. I miss her voice, her smile.

"We got a call from Aunt Akane telling us to go ahead first but of course we wouldn't leave you. We waited outside and saw what's happening." Momo unnie spoke behind the steering wheel.

Mina unnie touched her arm. "It's nice to see you again. We've missed you so much." 

Sana put her hand on top of hers. "It was thanks to all of you and I'm sorry for all the trouble."

"We're your friends. We're always here to help, Tzuyu really needed help when you disappeared. She was a mess."Nayeon unnie said.

I nudged her on the elbow. "Ouch, what? It's the truth and why are you blushing?"

I looked at Sana. "She's right. I was such a mess, I just don't know how to deal with the empty feeling inside my heart without you." I blushed harder.

"Aww, I love you Tzuyu." Sana gave me a sweet smile and that was enough to make my heart skipped a beat.

I immediately looked out the window to hide my bright red cheeks.

We reached Momo unnie's house after an hour and fifteen minutes. Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Jeongyeon unnie were already waiting for us in the living room. I told them everything that has happened.

"I'm sure your Mom's gonna take some action real soon."Momo unnie sat on the small couch across our seat.

"The good news is, I'm sure she's not going to publicize my whole escaping thing. You know her, unnie. Mom's all about the image of our family." Sana responded with a tinge of sadness in her voice.

I looked at Sana and slowly wrapped my left arm around her to at least give her comfort. She stared at me and gave me a weak smile. I sat closer to her. 

"I'm sure tomorrow will be one hell of a day. We should expect things to get more complicated." Chaeyoung spoke.

"Don't worry, dwarf. We're prepared for that." Dahyun said with confidence.

"Thanks everyone. We really owe you a lot." I smiled at my friends who were all looking at me and Sana.

"It's nothing, Tzuyu. We're like a family. We're here to help each other and take care of each other." Jihyo unnie flashed a genuine smile.

"Stop it, guys. Drama don't fit us." Jeongyeon unnie laughed a little.

After a few minutes, we all decided to go to bed. "Sana and Tzuyu, share a room. Goodnight." I caught Momo unnie with a small smirk on her lips.

"Hey!" Sana yelled. Momo unnie looked at us and suddenly ran upstairs.