Tensions

Jason's POV

"Feel the power of a chocolate, Jason," Leo says with a touch of emotion and melodrama.

I smile. But it fades as soon as it comes as the jaws hurt. But then, something triggers my mind, something I missed upon as I think where I got wrong. I stand up.

"Leo, are the kids alone?" I ask him while rushing for the door.

"What the hell, Jason! You had kids and you didn't even bother to-" He is playing again. He knows what I mean. Never mind, he sometimes drives me crazy though. Well, this

"Hold on, Leo, I am talking about Zoe and Bianca. "

"Oh them! They are with Calypso and Hazel. And also Frank is there too."

"Great!"

"What happened?"

"You will get to know in a few minutes."

"Okay. Well, don't you think Frank and Hazel hang around a lot? I mean Hazel is a part of the Selection. She can't-"

"I get it, Leo. Actually, I really don't mind her being with Frank. But yeah, take care that they are not seen by any of the members of the authority. I don't want her to get punished."

"Why are you so worried about that?"

I stop. It is a good question. Why do I really care?

"I don't really know but maybe I am feeling a little...protective, I guess." I take a deep breath. "Let's focus on the real work."

"Okay, as you say, Your Majesty." Leo bows. "Oh come on, Valdez!" I smile at him.

We hear some voices in the corridor. I open the door of the nearby room to find Annabeth, Malcolm, Will and Nico there, line despair on their faces.

"Umm, sorry to disturb. Annabeth and Malcolm did you find something?" I ask.

"Yeah, some papers on the floor of a room. Seemed like they were in a hurry. But the problem is they are blank sheets." Malcolm answers.

"They surely were in a hurry. Annabeth, does anyone except us knew that we have found her?"

"No." She says in a shaky voice. I don't know what they were discussing but one thing is for sure, it was serious.

"I want to tell you all something. Before coming here, I saw a reflection of someone in the mirror of my room. I just saw dark eyes and a face and it was just for a second. There is someone in the castle who is constantly transferring information from one place to the other. And since they have hacked our CCTV earlier too, this time too, we won't be able to find that person." 

Everyone becomes tense.

I sigh. "So, we have to be careful. And the kids should stay as far from these things as possible. We can't compromise with their safety. So, I was thinking if..." I catch my breath. "If we can send them back to their respective hometowns for I don't think Ilea is safe for them now." I hated saying these words but I know that it is important for the two innocent souls to stay away from danger.  

Will and Nico exchange glances. Probably considering my point. But Annabeth keeps her head down. I look at them, wistfully, expecting a reply.

"I think I need a little time to make the decision." Annabeth declares. I look at Will and Nico.

"Jason, Bianca will stay here. I want her to be a fighter. And this place is best for my girl. She will stay here and learn from her uncle after all she has to manage the affairs alone when she will grow up and become the Queen." Nico says finally with a weak smile, patting on the shoulder. I look straight into his eyes and feel the warmth of brotherly love.