The Grand Ball

I am not good at choosing dresses! I just wanted to keep them simple. Hope you will like the chapter! Enjoy reading...

Jason's POV

I pace back and forth in the balcony of my room facing the Castle's entrance. Did he find her? If not...no, Jason, be optimistic. She is alright. But if I am wrong. Finally, I catch a glimpse of them, the moment I have been waiting for. They are back. I was right. I rush down the corridor and when I find Leo alone, I take him to a corner. 

"God, Jason. How did you know that she was going to-"

"I just knew it. You did find her, that's enough." I heave a sigh of relief.

"I found her with a guy," Leo says.

"A guy? Who? A rebel? Leo, I sent you to protect her-"

"Calm down, dude. It was Austin. I said it deliberately." He laughs. "Well, he loves you!"

"What?" 

"I mean he adores you, respects you, whatever you wanna say. He was praising you-"

"Why did Piper visit the place? Any particular reason... other than meeting her Dad."

"How do you know so much. She wanted to have a personal conversation with him, so we weren't allowed. God knows what she wanted to ask him!"

"It doesn't matter now as long as she is safe and in the castle."

"Well, she asked about some files. I remember delivering them to your room-" Leo starts. My heart sinks.

"Did you give her the direction to my room?" My heart race.

"Yeah!" Leo says. "How come you can predict-" I don't wait to hear anything. I run. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper's POV

The moment has filled my heart with happiness and welled me up. My home. Beautiful as ever. But something had changed. As I walked around, I saw new construction sites being set up. The school had totally changed. The site almost made me shed tears of contentedness. The thing I wanted to do had already been done.

I want to see the files. The records that Austin was supposed to send to the Prince. I want to take a look at them. Nothing else. 

The Royalty floor is deserted. No one is there. Leo has told me the way. I reach the Prince's chamber. Though I am not supposed to yet my overwhelming desire pushes me forward into the room. Prince Jason Grace is a well-organized person. Everything is in its place. His papers are stacked at one corner of the desk. And the other is occupied by some files. I step towards them. 

"So much has changed since you left! The school, the hospital, the shops, the houses! God, it feels like what we were waiting for has finally happened. And you know, Prince Jason has not even become the King. What will happen when he will sit on the throne! We are all waiting for that moment." Austin had said. 

I flip through the pages, scanning information. Even in a well-oriented society, flaws can't be ignored. No kingdom is perfect. But what we can do is to make it better every day, to serve the people. Can't believe he's the same person I hated some time ago. But I don't, now. Cause now I know the truth. He was never to be blamed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

Oh my! I have no problem with her reading the files but the only issue is I hid the letter, Piper's letter, which I stole (not exactly) from her room, is kept on the last page of the last file. If she notices it, I don't know what will happen to me! Also, it's not just that Piper's letter, I have written something on that particular paper too, something I don't want to share with anyone. God, if she sees them, I am dead!