The letter

Piper's POV
"Piper! Piper! Wake up! Wake up! You are gonna be late for the classes. " says Calypso.

"No! 5 minutes, please... "I say going into the depths of my blanket.

She snatches my blanket. But I curl up on my bed resisting any change in my state.

" Piper! You wanna get disqualified from the selection. "

"What!! " I snap up from my sleep and rush out of my bed to get ready.

~

I hurry towards the room no. 5 which is supposed to be my classroom. I am carrying the books Calypso gave me.

I open the door. The room is huge like all others in this magnificent palace.

There is a whole bunch of girls surrounding someone who I guess is the most popular amongst them all. I see three girls standing apart from the group, one is wearing a purple dress and look bold and confident sitting straight and steady. The other girl is wearing an ice blue dress and seems cold. And the third girl, she has hazel brown eyes and beautiful curly hair and chocolate brown skin.

Suddenly, I hear a coughing sound and everyone's eyes shift to me. This is awkward! I turn to exit, maybe I have lost my way. I spin around to see a young lady standing there, raising an eyebrow.

"Ladies, I am Cara Watson, your teacher for the rest of the selection and will be going to teach you the basic etiquette and giving the necessary information."She says. " I request you all to take your seats. "

I bow and mutter a 'sorry' to her. I walk towards the curly-haired girl. "Can I sit here? "

"Yeah... sure," She says shyly.

The class commences and Cara starts.
"There is an elimination this Friday, five of you would be eliminated on basis of your performance during the week and what the Prince thinks about it. As the number of girls decreases, the competition will increase and the tasks will be more difficult. "She smiles.

" So, today's task is... I am writing three questions, you have to attempt only one of them and submit it by day after tomorrow." She writes something on the board. "You can take help from the library. Remember that you are being marked. I hope you all will give your best. Thank you all. Class dismissed."

I realise it too late that I don't have anything to write about in my book.

"Umm... could you please lend me a pencil? " I ask the girl next to me.

"Here."

After copying, I turn to give the pencil back to her. But she is gone. I look around and see her exiting the room. I follow her.

In the hallway, she is stopped by three girls. The one in the middle seems to be the leader. She is wearing a revealing vibrant dark blue dress. The other two were like her sidekicks mimicking her every style. They pushed the curly-haired girl and laugh at her.

"Stop that! " Their eyes shift to me. I rush towards her and help her to get up.
"Stop tormenting her! "

"Seems like someone wants a punch on her face! " She laughs.