The Saints and The Sinners: Part 1

Nate POV

I didn't even give the clock a chance this morning. I woke up, ate pancakes, got dressed, and walked out the building.

I get to class and see a relieving sight.

The Issei kid was still alive.

'Zough, I must ask vhy he's not in a hospital.' Medic says.

When have you actually cared for the sick and dying?

'Are you kidding me? I asked vhy he wasn't in a hospital. I wonder if he's capable of enhanced regeneration? Oh, ze fun we'll have if zat's true...' Medic says sadistically.

What was going through the Administrator's head when she hired you?

Anyway, I sit down at my desk. When I do, I notice something that I didn't notice before. Apparently, Issei sat next to me.

'I'd make a comment saying how you're slipping in terms of awareness, but I'm not a bloody hypocrite. I've never seen that wanker in here before.' Sniper says.

Yeah.

Timeskip

At this point, I'm out of school and am just walking around talking to Spy, since he's the only one that can be considered sane.

'I still don't know how that boy is alive. That girl impaled him with a purple lightning bolt.' Spy says.

Is it really that surprising? Every time we die, we respawn because of Medics respawn technology.

'You are correct. However, I'm fairly certain zat respawn technology is not somezing zat zis world sells at drug stores.' Medic says.

True... I'm sorry if I've been pissy lately. I'm just trying to figure out where Merasmus sent us and how we can get back.

'You don't need to apologize. You let me and Medic worry about getting us back to TueFort.' Engineer says.

Gracias, Engineer.

As I walk, I suddenly notice that Issei kid looking around.

I guess I should check if he's okay, after what happened.

"Hey, man. How you doing?" I ask.

He yelps in surprise, but immediately calms down.

"Oh, Nate! It's just you. I'm... hey, can I ask you something?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Do remember me going with a girl? No one else seems to remember her. But I know she was real." He says.

Really? He doesn't think that him almost dying was real?

"I remember her asking you to be her boyfriend, but I don't anything beyond that." I lie.

'Why lie to baby man?' Heavy asks.

What am I supposed to say? 'Hey, that girl also tried to kill you, but I fought her off because I'm an experienced mercenary. P.S., She was also some kind of bird-person hybrid'. Yeah, cause that's gonna go over smoothly.

"Right... well, at least I know that she was real. Thanks, Nate." Issei says.

"Yeah, sure." I reply.

We then go our separate ways for the day.

I decide to get a coffee. I order the coffee from a nearby coffee shop and drink it at an outdoor table. As I drink, I can hear the sounds of some kind of battle in the distance.