DxD Chapter 1: Unfamiliars

In order to make this chapter and the next work, Episode 7 will be before Episode 6

Third Person POV

Rias had just finished telling Issei and Asia that they would be getting familiars. As for Nate...

"Familiars aren't as fundamental to Temporary Pieces as they are to full time Devils, however they are strongly recommended." Rias explained.

"I'll keep that in mind." Nate replied.

Just then, a girl with glasses walks in the door, followed by a group of people. Nate... well, given that he's been more focused on getting back to his dimension the entire time he's been at Kuoh, he didn't know who this girl was.

"Who the hell is this?" He asked.

"That's Shitori Sona, the school's student body president. Behind her is the vice-president, Shinra Tsubaki. For that matter, all members of the student council are here." Issei explained.

"What brings you all here?" Rias asked.

"Both of us have just increased our number of servants, so I thought we should exchange greetings again." Sona replied.

"Increased number of... wait, she's a Devil, too?" Nate asked.

"Yes. The lady's real name is Sona Sitri. She's the next head of the House of Sitri, an upper-class Devil family." Akeno explained.

"Th-There are other Devils at this school?" Issei asked.

"Rias, haven't you told them about us? I wouldn't be too sure about someone who isn't aware of his fellow Devils." Said a blond boy behind Sona.

Nate could already tell that he didn't like this kid.

"Saji, we do not interfere with each others' affairs. It's only natural that Hyoudou wouldn't know of us." Sona interjected.

'Well, at least she's respectful.' Nate thought to himself.

"You're the one from Class 2-C, who recently became a student council member as a clerk, um..." Issei said, struggling to remember Saji's full name.

"Saji Genshiro, Pawn." Sona introduced.

"My Pawn, Issei Hyoudou. My Bishop, Asia Argento. And my Temporary Rook, Nathaniel Navarez." Rias replied.

"A Temporary Piece? Huh. I never thought I'd see the day where a Gremory has a Temporary Piece." Sona said.

Whether that was supposed to be a passive-aggressive insult to Rias or an accidental one, Nate was trying to figure out. Either way, it struck him as a little insensitive.

"You're a Pawn, too, huh? And we're even in the same year!" Issei said excitedly.

The blond kid smirk, which made Nate want to shoot him just by looking at him.

"Myself, I find my pride terribly wounded to be counted the same as someone like you, a member of a trio of perverts." Saji insults.

'Oh, so he's one of those guys.' Nate thought to himself.

"What the hell did you say?!" Issei shouted.

"Issei, cálmese. I know that was offensive to you, but I speak from experience when I say that yelling at him is only going to devolve into a fight where both parties lose and nobody's happy." Nate said, placing a hand on Issei's shoulder.

"Let him tangle with me if he wants. I may have just become a Devil, but appearances to the contrary, I took up four foot soldier pieces." Saji bragged.