DxD Chapter 4: More Training

Nate POV
Somewhere in Japan

"Move it, maggot! I do not want to see you drop anything, otherwise I will break my Cuban foot up your ass!" Soldier shouted, pretending to be me.

Issei carries the large pack on his back through the rocky terrain.

I'm going to be honest, I thought Soldier would do what he normally does: stupid shit that doesn't help and often makes things worse.

'Yes, I do believe we were all surprised by ze fact that he has not managed to break a bone in anyone's body.' Spy said.

"Pack... is... so... heavy." Issei panted.

"Ha! That pack is nothing! I once had to carry an entire box of artillery shells through 700 miles of battlefield while holding my guts in, lying to myself that I would be okay!" Soldier said.

Soldier, you're pretending to be me, remember?

'Why would anyone want to know about your boring Cuban fairy tales when they can listen to my superior and true American tales of freedom?!' Soldier asked.

And you've had your fun.

I then take back control of my body.

"Holy crap! You actually had to do that?!" Issei exclaimed.

"Yeah, but I don't remember if it was all at the same time or not. That was a long week." I lied.

"Oh. Still, both of those are hardcore. It must be tough being a mercenary." Issei said.

"Well, we are paid to raise hell." I replied.

Kiba suddenly passes us, like walking up a rocky hill with a pack full of weapons and ammo is a pleasant jog.

"Excuse me." He said politely as he passes.

"Damn it! Kiba is so relaxed!" Issei said.

"Pardon me." Koneko said as she passed us.

'That's my line.' Spy said with a light chuckle.

As Koneko passes us, I notice the pack she's carrying is ten times bigger than Kiba's and Issei's, completely upstaging them.

While Issei is floored by the amount of weight that Koneko can carry, I extend my fist to her, and she gladly bumps it.

Timeskip

"Koneko, are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked.

"Why? Afraid you'll lose?" Koneko asked.

"More like I'm concerned that I'll end up breaking you. I mean... bare knuckles, no punches pulled?" I asked.

Koneko had asked me to help train her in fisticuffs. She wanted to see how she would fare against an experienced fighter, and after Heavy told her how he killed a Siberian bear with his bare hands, plus the fact that I would have the most combat experience being a mercenary, she figured I would be the perfect sparring partner.

Now, I know that she's incredibly strong. I've seen her dent metal using her tiny fists. I've also seen Heavy do feats with his fists that are... well, insane enough to make me think that Koneko is going to lose.

I hope I'm wrong, but if I'm right, I hope Heavy doesn't do any major damage.

"Is this because I'm a girl, or because I'm small?" Koneko asked with a glare.

"I don't have problems hitting girls, and I especially don't have problems with decking small people." I said.

'Was dat a diss towards me?' Scout asks.