DxD Chapter 5: Back in the game

Third Person POV

Everyone sat in the room preparing for the fight.

Kiba sheathed his sword, Koneko was fixing her gloves, Akeno was drinking tea, and so was Rias.

There was only one person that was missing...

"Where's Nate?" Rias asked.

"He said that it was going to take him a while to ready himself, President." Asia replied.

"Ready himself? He's not nervous, is he?" Issei asked.

"He didn't seem distraught this morning." Asia replied.

"Of course he wasn't." Koneko said.

Most of the people in the room, with the exception of Rias, looked to Koneko.

"What do you mean?" Kiba asked.

"He is a mercenary, isn't he? He probably gets into way bigger, and more dangerous, battles than this. If anything, he's probably stocking up on ammunition." Koneko said.

"That would make a lot of sense. After all, he does have a massive arsenal just piled into a corner." Issei agreed.

Just then, Nate walked through the door with a gun in hand. He also wore a different outfit than his Kuoh uniform. He wore a blue shirt with rolled sleeves, a dark blue vest, and black pants and combat boots.

"Sorry if I'm late. Apparently $200 custom-2 cartridges are harder to find on the black market than I thought." Nate said.

"Right... wait, black market?" Issei asked.

"$200?" Kiba asked.

"I'm a mercenary, I've got a shit ton of money. As for your question, Issei, you'll be surprised to learn that selling minigun ammo is illegal." Nate said.

"Minigun?!" Issei exclaimed.

"Look, you want me to go bolas a las paredes in this fight or not? When I said I was gonna use all of my guns, I meant all of them." Nate replied.

Before anyone else could say anything, Sitri then walked into the room.

"Please excuse the intrusion." She said.

"Good evening, Sona. Come on in." Rias said.

"The student council president and vice-president? Why?" Issei asked.

"The Rating Game is being relayed to the members of both houses. They're assisting with the relay." Rias explained.

'People are watching other people fight... why does that sound familiar?' Nate thought sarcastically.

"I volunteered to do this myself. It is your first Game, after all, Rias." Sona said.

"I'll fight hard, so as not to embarrass you, my rival." Rias said.

Then one of those teleportation sigil appeared behind Sitri. From the circle materialized Grayfia.

"Is everybody ready, then?" She asked.

"Yes. Whenever you like." Rias replied.

"Once the time to start has arrived, we will be relocated to the field of battle by this magic circle." Grayfia explained.

"Field of battle?" Issei asked.

"An alternate space created just for the Game. It will be an expendable space, so we'll be free to do whatever we want, no matter how unrestrained." Akeno explained.

After she said that, Rias noticed that Nate's face lit up with excitement.

"Unrestrained, you say? Ohhhhoho, me voy a deveritir un poco." Nate chuckled.