7

late update, my school is finishing this week so i might be able to update this more.

he entered his pack house after a week quietly. holding in a breath as if if he were to let it go a bomb would go off. 'hyung?' he felt shaking hands grip his and he flinched. 'koo?'

the younger omega sobbed, pulling the beta closer to him. burying his nose into hoseok's neck and trying to scent over jinyoung's scent. it felt weird. 'hyung don't leave me please.' hoseok sighed and stroked jeongguk's hair. they were still standing out in the middle of the hallway.

anyone could see them.

'hyungie. please say something.' hoseok took notice of the new hickey on jeongguk's neck. oh. 'i'm going to go to my room.' and he left the omega alone in the hallway. just like how they'd leave him

a pungent smell invaded his sense. he looked up from the book he had his nose stuffed in and frowned. 'hey.' the alpha breathed, slowly moving towards hoseok's bed. it felt awkward. correction- it was awkward.

the beta didn't say anything and just continued to bore his tired eyes into the shifting alpha. seokjin rubbed behind his nape and proceeded to sit down on the bed in a very parent-like manner.

'look hoseok. i'm sorry for hitting you. i didn't mean to it's just-'

'thank you hyung.'

seokjin was surprised as the betas voice quietly made its way through his ears. 'huh?'

closing the book in his hands, hoseok sat upright. his eyes drooping shut before they opened again. 'thank you for apologising hyung.'

the beta had neither accepted or rejected his apology but instead, avoided it as a whole. 'hoseok, we're going to...we're going to watch a movie. would you like to join?'

he looked away.

'y-yeah. i'll be down soon.'

he was stupid to still want them.

as seokjin left the room, hoseok let out a shaky breath he had held in and gripped his hair. pulling at it as a way to deal with the stress he couldn't escape at all.

'we're waiting for hoseok.' seokjin cleared his throat, eyes flickering back to the hallway waiting for said beta to walk down it. 'hoseok is here?' yoongi, who was surprised (and slightly excited), asked though quickly coughing to cover it up.

just as they had finished their small conversation on the beta, said male walked into the room slowly. sitting far away (as always).

not even a beat after he sat down 'hyung come closer.' namjoon had cleared his throat, gesturing the other male to come closer.

the beta's gaze remained glued to the floor as he shimmied only a little closer to his pack. taehyung growled, causing the beta to freeze all over, hands immediately coming up defensively. the younger alpha gripped the betas upper body and pulled him closer towards the pack.

'it's not that hard to understand.' taehyung huffed, pulling his hands back and crossing them over his chest, looking everywhere but the beta. hoseok thinned his lips, 'yeah, sorry...'

the movie played and the awkward air didn't seem to dissipate at all. hoseok squirmed in his spot every few minutes, fidgeting with his shirt as if it were suffocating him.

he felt hands pull him into a chest and he sighed.  he breathed in namjoons scent, hoping to find comfort in it. he did, surprisingly.

though when he awoke to the sound of rain hitting the window, he was alone again. though this time surrounded by various shirts and teddy bears.  he was met with confusion.

he was at his own pack house, was he not?
he never made a nest with their belongings, so what was this?

'hey hyung.' he heard jimin greet him from the door way, eyes a little red almost as if he had been crying. 'jimin?'

the younger alpha sniffled, immediately running into the nest as hoseok had opened his arms for the other. 'hyung.' the alpha gasped, crying into hoseok's shirt as he mumbled incoherently.

hoseok stroked the younger alphas back soothingly, 'what's wrong diminnie?' he asked finally after a while. 'hyung- you won't leave us right? you won't r-r-right?' the alpha was frantic, eyes crazed as he clutched the betas shirt.

hoseok pulled away, removing the alphas hands from his shirt. 'if i wanted to leave i would've left ages ago.'

jimin didn't seem too convinced, 'but-but the other pack hyung.' hoseok ignored it and pat the alpha's tussled hair down. 'i won't leave you jimin, i promise my sweet alpha.' hoseok whispered again, wiping the tears off of jimin's face tenderly.

jimin shut his eyes and basked in hoseok's warmth, in hoseok's scent that he hid so well, in hoseok's embrace.

because they both knew that some promises were meant to be broken.