Part 24: YOU ARE MY HEART !

Vansh's hands are soaked in blood and for the first time, he seems to shiver at the sight of someone's wound. He tries to apply pressure over her injury which apparently damaged her spleen and lungs to some extent. He starts to tear up.

For the first time in ages, he was crying for someone apart from his dad. Kabir is shocked after what happened. He fired the bullet at Vansh and she jumped in between to save him. She took the bullet for him.

Kabir drops the gun and kneels down.

K: I ...I did .. I did not do this. I di-.. didn't want to shoot you.

He was frustrated at himself,.. for pulling the trigger and at her for shielding Vansh and taking his bullet.
Tear drops rolling down Vansh's cheeks, dripping over her face.

She smiled at him, wipes off his tears softly and says

R: You were trying to be a hero ?Distracting him, so that I can sneak out ?
(Chuckles) Ahh...

She groans after letting out a titter and continues..

R: What is this bullet hit you ? Would I be able to just.. run away ? No....I will choose to die a hundred times than to live without you. I.. I...

Her words getting fainter with each breath and her grip over Vansh's face loosens. Her hand drops on his lap and eyes shut close. He held her closer to his chest. Embracing her while sobbing like a baby. This is not the Vansh anyone ever saw.

V: You !! A single bullet through my heart would not have pained even a little to what it hurts now. I would not have died. But my love, drenched in blood is enough to kill me. I will choose your life..a 100 times than to live with you.

The door flung open and Angre steps in.

A: Riddhima ? Boss, What happened ? How ?

Vansh picks her up in his arms, closer to his chest and shouts out loud..

V: GET THE CAR NOW !!

Angre rushes out to look for the car while Vansh gives a deadly stare to Kabir. Reaching out to the door he says,

V: If anything happens to her, I will make sure you pay for it. I won't kill you but I will wait,.. till you beg me to let you die. You have not really known the baddie Vansh.
Pray to God that she is fine.

Saying this, he moves out while Kabir seems to be drowning in the guilt of shooting Riddhima.

K: I didn't want to do this. I am sorry..

***

Vansh carries her to the car and places her inside. He sits beside her, puts her head on his lap and holds her hand.

V: Get up, please !! Why did you come here ? Angre, how could you let her be here ? Why didn't you stop her ?

He was oozing fires. Angre was driving the car. He hesitantly looks back at him and says..

A: Boss, I told her to be indoors. Assured her that I will get you but she just won't-...

V: Look ,.. What happened because you couldn't convince her well.

A: Sorry boss !!

Vansh was crying. His eyes held the fear of losing a person he loves the most.

A: Riddhima.. please be fine, to watch him care for you. He has changed. So much !! I could have never believed in my wildest dreams that he can fall in love. So deeply,.. that it will make him a different person. Please be okay !

The car stops in front of a hospital and Angre rushes to get a stretcher for her. Rather than waiting any further, Vansh grabs her unconscious ,blood dripping body close to his chest, picks her up in his embrace and runs for the doctor.

***

The operation is still underway. Vansh and Angre are waiting outside, when dadi and his family reaches there. Vansh's face had no emotions. He seemed numb after what will happened.

Dadi cups his face and says..

D: Vansh !.. Don't worry beta.. She will be fine.

With her moist eyes, She consoles Vansh. He looks up at her softly and says,

V: Why me ?? Why do I have to lose everyone I love so dearly ?

His voice cracking and tears brimming in his eyes. Dadi wraps her arms around him and rubs his back. She was at a loss of words.

Doctor comes out and interrupts saying, " operation was successful but she is unconscious right now. We will be able to say anything if she gains consciousness in 24 hours."

He starts to move away when Vansh asks,

V: Can I go and see her ?

Dr pats his shoulder and nods in affirmative.
"You can"

Vansh firmly held the handle of the room and sucks in deep breaths before entering. His legs were trembling. He broke down after seeing her. She was breathing faintly and was surrounded with pipes and machines.

He slowly reaches her bed side and sits down on the stool, holding her hand. His lips formed a curve,while he admired her.

V: Clumsy, troublesome girl !! That's what I thought, when I met you. You kept bumping out of nowhere.
( chuckles )
I thought you are just some ordinary girl but I was wrong and I am glad I was. you are fiercely beautiful. The only one who stood so strongly in front of me. People shiver with fear when they hear my name but you,..you literally boss around me. And I love that ..I love you !
Who told you to jump in front of me ? to take the bullet ? Get up, otherwise... otherwise, I don't have any reasons to stay alive.

He rests his head on her hand, when a tear drop escapes is eye falls on her arm.

R: People get flowers for the sick and dying, but Vansh Rai Singhania is so stingy. Huh !!

Hearing her soft voice, he gazes at her. His Joy tears start to dazzle him when he wipes them off and hugs her.

V: you okay ?

R: Aww.. that's so romantic !! But vansh, will you mind if I say..you are heavy and I am injured. So it will be better if you get up.
(Giggles)

He gets up and smiles back at her. All his pain was gone.

R: I know you were scared and I sensed you crying. Weren't you ?

She raises her eyebrows while smiling sheepishly.

Vansh grabs her blanket, pulling it over her chest. Gives a *pretty obvious* look and says..

V: Ofcourse I was. I felt myself breaking apart. YOU ARE MY HEART !

She was awestruck. She wasn't expecting such a straightforward answer from him.

The softie Vansh was indeed the most beautiful person she saw.

End of part twenty four.
Thanks for reading.

Sorry for being late peeps. I am having my tests now. So, I was a little busy. I am trying to sum up this story.
Also, thank you so much for reading and showering your love. ❤️❤️