Part 11: BY HIS SIDE

Vansh and Riddhima have returned from the party but the happenings there have kept her wide awake, even when the moon is descending down for the sun to set in ! She tries to sleep, some failed attempts and there again, back with those confusing thoughts.
"He is so possessive of me, cares about me but I am going to betray him someday, for a man I love, who pushed me into all this. He knew it's dangerous and I am naive here, but still." She laughs sarcastically and then, realisation hits her hard.

"What am I doing ? Feeling good about vansh and ill about kabir ? No, no I shouldn't be doing this !" She is confused.

In the morning..

Riddhima comes downstairs and sees everyone on the breakfast table except Vansh. She is anxious to know his whereabouts but chooses to stay silent.

"Why is everyone so silent today ?" Riddhima asks while settling down.

Sia looks up to her and says, " we won't be doing our usual morning routine today Riddhima."

Riddhima: Why ? Are you going somewhere ?

Dadi: No beta, today is the 10th death anniversary of Vansh's father & so we have a small ceremony.

Riddhima nods and thinks, " So this is the reason why Vansh is not here ! Is he ok ? Will he be fine ? But.... Why do I worry ? He has taken care of the family and business all this while. He is strong enough to handle himself"

Conflict of her thoughts continues. Unable to stop them, she blurts..

Riddhima: Vansh... Dadi ,, where is Vansh ? 

Dadi: He is in much pain today and just confines himself to his room. Doesn't talk to anyone.

Riddhima: So, he won't be eating or drinking anything ? The wholeee.. day ?

Dadi: Beta, he is not in his senses today. He won't even let anyone close to him. Forget about food and water.

Riddhima realises that her urge for the breakfast has died. "What is this ?  I feel sad for him!"

She stands up and asks dadi if she can go to her room as she is not feeling well. To which dadi agrees.

***

It's a black room,dim lights and a brown leather chair with Kabir resting on it.

"You killed him and you deserved to die." Kabir says with rage erupting in his eyes and tears hurtling down his cheeks.

"Today is the only day when I feel a little relieved. The only day when I celebrate my revenge.. but I never wanted this to happen. I wasn't like this!!" He sobs

"You destroyed my dreams, my family, my life.." he punches the wall and continues," & now..I will destroy what you left. You will see what your family pays for your deeds." He lets out a devilish laughter.

" I never wanted to use you Riddhima, but the spark I saw between you and Vansh that day, was something so different. I never saw him enchanted like that before and I knew, the more closer you go..the more he falls for you !! But ....ahhhhhh....you fell for him instead !" He seems frustrated.

"You only know that Vansh can't forgive people because I told you so but you don't know what I can do if someone betrays me. " He frowns clenching his jaw.